Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

Little Tex's Miller Build Begins

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK   GBR
Do you have the mechanical "package" yet? If you do try positioning that before you go too much further to make sure it fits. Likewise I would suggest getting the "driver package" fitting. From the photos you have shown you might have a struggle fitting both of those.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
littletex Avatar
littletex Blake Martindale
Azle, TX, USA   USA
Little Tex Here,
Nothing is locked in place yet still moving things around to get the best fit. Had the positioning of the motor just aft and over the axle with the torque converter directly over the axle the rough measurements #s are a 20" by 24" box right behind the seat back will be rechecking many times before I secure anything in place. But yes I have the motor, torque converter and axle to do a live mockup. Still waiting on my axle bearings should come this week then along with the cockpit I can start building the motor box. It's always a story of 5# of crap in a 1# box but I think it will work.

littletex Avatar
Azle, TX, USA   USA
Little Tex Here,
Well my bearings arrived today so I mocked them up to drill the rear axle/mounting holes so far looks good still need to get an axle sprocket to be 100% sure on everything but the initial mock up seems to be okay for space and things look like they fit OK. The only thing I'm thinking of changing is the torque converter position, Instead of facing forward I might face it aft when I start building the motor box I'll see which way gives me best fit. Stopped on the body for the moment what you see in the pictures is scrap from pallets but I just found an office furniture builder in my area and they have a lot of left over birch ply in 3/16, 1/2, and 5/8 thick for free come take what you need. Fixing to check them out this week to see if any pieces are big enough to use they say its high dollar wood if it can be used I'll replace my scrap crap with their stuff lets hope. The picture showing the seat back and cowl, the cowl is getting moved forward a couple of inches to give a little more cockpit space and I think I will still have enough length for a decent look for the fire wall, bonnet and radiator. This Texas heat is a killer so it's slow going but trying to do a little bit each day when I can. Still need to get my welder up and running so I can start on the metal work for the frame rail ends and the motor box and axle bearing reinforcement plates etc.I will add pic's when I have something good enough to show. Till more progress by for now .

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
littletex Avatar
Azle, TX, USA   USA
Little Tex here.
Not much progress on the Miller as of late but did manage to forge out the steering wheel a little bit more. As suggested by others I wrapped it in chocolate chip cookie dough baked it on 375 degrees for 18 minutes and poof this is what came out. Judging from the color I used to much chocolate chips or left it in to long oh well it will work and bonus if I get Hungary while driving I can snack on my wheel those aren't finger grips their bite marks. But seriously I'm trying to get my finances back in order so just after the turn of the year I can put the Benjamin's out for Kart.Co wheels and what not. I know it sounds like an excuse but in Texas we only know hot or cold there is no in between and as of now it's cold!!! so progress is slow going if at all. As I mentioned earlier in this thread an office furniture maker. had furniture grade ply scraps for free, most of it's not big enough for most things but with careful designing I can use some of it for a lot parts lets hope ( it;s free). Need to get back on the body as well will be working from grill back to seat back as I lay out the body dimensions as long as I don't over think it I might actually get something done. Oh well here is a couple of photos of the steering wheel, till more progress by for now.

Attachments:
stwl6.jpg    24.8 KB
stwl6.jpg

stwl7.jpg    23.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
littletex Avatar
Azle, TX, USA   USA
Little Tex Here,
On another note I have been procrastinating putting it together but I finally built an Excel spreadsheet to breakdown my kart cost showing all the sub assemblies and material cost also %'s of budget absorbed etc.it will help me keep on track so I can see the budget as I go along. All the formulas are prebuilt in so all I do is plug in the numbers and all the calculation automatically happen including a summary page that updates as I input info. If anyone thinks this could be helpful to them let me know and I'll share it for free all you have to do is change the list of materials and cost to fit your build the math is already done. Also I'm not overly tech savvy will need some help on how to upload it to this site. I also cut some steel to make my wood frame reinforcement horns on front and rear rails. Some fit and finish work still left to do moving slowly but moving.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1925 CycleKart Speedway Racer

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links