CycleKart Tech Forum

Pedals

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Pedals
Ukrobotman Avatar
Ukrobotman Steve Cole
Montgomery, Powys, UK   GBR
What pedals are the majority of you folks using? Are they regular Kart ones or something else.
Steve..UK

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
1908Rick Avatar
1908Rick Rick Eggers
Cape Coral, FL, USA   USA
JTremain Avatar
JTremain Justin Tremain
Oak HArbor, WA, USA   USA
1927 Nash Legion Special "Legion Special"
Used the same ones Rick posted on both karts. Simple and work great!

"Magic Man"

1927 Nash Modified: Legion Special
"Build" Thread - https://www.cyclekartclub.com/phorum/read.php?2,26661

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK   GBR
And of course Steve, you are getting the advice from the folks in the US where you would have to pay freight from. Usual advice to you applies, Gemini, or any used or new kart stuff here in the UK! Lots on Ebay UK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-03 09:15 PM by Rhysn.

JTremain Avatar
JTremain Justin Tremain
These are on ebay.uk but ship from the states. Seems reasonably priced?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Gas-and-Brake-Pedals-for-Gocart-Go-cart/401527243903?hash=item5d7ce3847f:g:qMQAAOSw3pZa3jgn

"Magic Man"

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Just a thought though, if we want the UK industry, that makes parts here and supports our hobby, should we not support them as long as the price is close, rather than supporting Asian industry?
The pedals you showed Justin cost almost the same by the time they are posted, according to the listing, as does Gemini who are specifically jigging up for cycle karts, and they have a field next to their workshop which we may be able to play on!

Woodysrods Avatar
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Hi Steve

Make you own!
I made these in less than an hour out in the shop........ and they cost me "Zippo" out of my pocket.eye rolling smiley
Woody

Attachments:
P6180665.JPG    24.4 KB
P6180665.JPG

P6180663.JPG    30.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
JTremain Avatar
JTremain Justin Tremain
Absolutely! I haven't heard of Gemini before, that's awesome there's local, to you guys, place to acquire stuff like that. I was just posting up alternatives, as always!

"Magic Man"

Ukrobotman Avatar
Ukrobotman Steve Cole
Montgomery, Powys, UK   GBR
Yes totally agree, I’ll check out the Gemini ones

andrewroudny Avatar
andrewroudny andrew roudny
peterborough, ON, Canada   CAN
1939 CycleKart German "The Vulture"
I also made my own.

"I never lose. I either win or learn.”
-Nelson Mandela

Attachments:
20180830_063439.jpg    59.5 KB
20180830_063439.jpg

Denny Graham Gold Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Brian, those are some of the nicest, most substantial and actually, the most easy
foot pedals that one could make in his own shop.
Denny G

Racie35 Avatar
Racie35 Bruce T
Terre Haute, IN, USA   USA
I'm curious what engine do you plan on that's not Asian?
...I hear what you're saying but really, Asian is many things in hobbies and probably what you used to post online with.
In reply to # 36525 by Rhysn Just a thought though, if we want the UK industry, that makes parts here and supports our hobby, should we not support them as long as the price is close, rather than supporting Asian industry?
The pedals you showed Justin cost almost the same by the time they are posted, according to the listing, as does Gemini who are specifically jigging up for cycle karts, and they have a field next to their workshop which we may be able to play on!

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Likewise Bruce, I hear what you are saying, the difference is that there is a choice available. Yes I do use Asian motors (plural) but I will support the folks who make things where I live. They need to have our support to survive.

In reply to # 36535 by Racie35 I'm curious what engine do you plan on that's not Asian?
...I hear what you're saying but really, Asian is many things in hobbies and probably what you used to post online with.
In reply to # 36525 by Rhysn Just a thought though, if we want the UK industry, that makes parts here and supports our hobby, should we not support them as long as the price is close, rather than supporting Asian industry?

Woodysrods Avatar
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
In reply to # 36534 by Denny Graham Brian, those are some of the nicest, most substantial and actually, the most easy
foot pedals that one could make in his own shop.
Denny G
Thanks Denny
They were just cut out of a piece of scrap aluminum channel I had.
My secret is, the I used an automotive door pin (nerled) c/w brass bushings that went in the
ens of the pivot tube, so that the aluminium do not rotate on the pin and cause wear.
Good Roads
Brian

Attachments:
P4021633.JPG    44.7 KB
P4021633.JPG

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Here's what I did, all from bits lying around. the larger alloy angle means I can move them readily, as I have yet to get it right first time.

Attachments:
P9041024.JPG    37.8 KB
P9041024.JPG

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1927 CycleKart French

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links