CycleKart Tech Forum

Start of my 1929 Model A Ford Speedster Build

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

rkeyrouse Avatar
rkeyrouse Gold Member Raymond Keyrouse
PRESCOTT, AZ, USA   USA
Here's what I hope it looks like.

At times it is better not to know one thing that is false than to know 100 things that are true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-06 08:05 PM by rkeyrouse.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
354815_6289c1378ec8_low_res.jpg    49.6 KB
354815_6289c1378ec8_low_res.jpg

Woodysrods Avatar
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Find a double kitchen sink for your rad shell. You can make two from one sink.
Stainless (so they can be polished) and the right scale for a CycleKart.
Woody

rkeyrouse Avatar
PRESCOTT, AZ, USA   USA
First Problem -- Axle needs to be as far to the rear to look correct. Planned to place the engine in front of the rear axle. Oops. Torq-A-Verter not designed to face to the rear. I'm a retired sailor. Don't tell me it can't be done. A little grinding on the cast aluminum plate, (after a couple of club members said it would work {thanks guys}) and what do you know --- it works. Problem two I'm sure will be coming along quite soon. smiling smiley More photos as we move along.

At times it is better not to know one thing that is false than to know 100 things that are true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-06 08:06 PM by rkeyrouse.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Grinding on the torq.jpg    27.7 KB
Grinding on the torq.jpg

torq mounted.jpg    38.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
rkeyrouse Avatar
PRESCOTT, AZ, USA   USA
Took a second look at the grinding on the top flange. Really not as deep as it looks. The bottom flange has more material removed. It's the angle. I will dress it up a bit. Clearance to all parts of the engine is .005 plus. And the oil dip stick plug comes out!

rkeyrouse Avatar
PRESCOTT, AZ, USA   USA
Woody - Double kitchen sink for a radiator shell. Interesting. Cheaper then having the guy in Chino Valley fabricate one. But much more "Cycle Kart" LOL I'll look into it.
Ray

rkeyrouse Avatar
PRESCOTT, AZ, USA   USA
Problem Two cropped up a little sooner then I thought it might. If you look closely at the attached photo you'll notice two machine screws that hold the cover on are not seated very well. This is due to the fact that someone forgot to tap the holes. All 4! This type of problems I don't need. hot smiley And the tape and die set I've owned for 40 years and never used turned out to be metric! Again hot smiley What in the world am I doing with a metric tap and die set? I'll mail it to anyone out there that needs it. (it's a cheap set however) Oh well, off to True Value for some self tapping hardware. Think I'll stay out of the garage tomorrow.
Ray

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-06 08:07 PM by rkeyrouse.

Attachments:
NO THREADS.jpg    30.5 KB
NO THREADS.jpg

Woodysrods Avatar
Two Things:
So, what Torque Converter do you have? Real Comets clock to5:00 o'clock and 3:00 o'clock without modification??
And I will sed you pictures of the sink with cut lines.
Brian

1908Rick Avatar
1908Rick Rick Eggers
Cape Coral, FL, USA   USA
You don't need that cover. It's just extra weight. It's for when the TAV is used on a mini bike so you don't get your pants caught in the belt. In a cyclekart application, throw it away.

Woodysrods Avatar
In reply to # 34956 by 1908Rick You don't need that cover. It's just extra weight. It's for when the TAV is used on a mini bike so you don't get your pants caught in the belt. In a cyclekart application, throw it away.

Yes........nobody uses that cover!eye rolling smiley
Brian

rkeyrouse Avatar
PRESCOTT, AZ, USA   USA
Thanks Rich and Brian
I've got a Comet 30 series Torq-A-Verter. Now -- this might be the difference. I bought a Predator Engine from Harbor Freight. Heard good things about the engine and figured I could buy 3 of them, have two spares and still have dinner on what I save. About the cover. I had already decided to toss the thing. Just needed something to complain about this afternoon. And Brian, looking forward to see the sink mod.
(OK - have to know - Is it Brian or Woody? Do I need to know you better before I call you Woody? Just Thinkin)
Thanks
Ray

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-06 08:07 PM by rkeyrouse.

Woodysrods Avatar
Hi Ray
I use Woody on the Forum when replying to general posts from people I have not met personally or at least talked to on the phone
....and Brian for those I have.
Just my way of keeping track???
I race as Woody......my nick name for most of my life!tongue sticking out smiley
Good Roads
Brian
PS
The Predator was a good choice!

rkeyrouse Avatar
PRESCOTT, AZ, USA   USA
Brian - Nice to meet you. I look forward to racing Woody someday. See if that Predator is really worth 99 bucks.
Good Evening
Ray

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-06 08:08 PM by rkeyrouse.

Woodysrods Avatar
Hi Ray
Just make sure that when you order a stage 1 hop up kit for your motor, that you get the one for the Predator.
Same thing goes is you ever consider an Aluminium flywheel.
Good Roads
Brian

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
Which is not worth the money for what they do. BUT, they do come with 8 degrees advance built in.

In reply to # 34971 by Woodysrods Hi Ray
Just make sure that when you order a stage 1 hop up kit for your motor, that you get the one for the Predator.
Same thing goes is you ever consider an Aluminium flywheel.
Good Roads
Brian

S'all for now!

Racie35 Avatar
Racie35 Bruce T
Terre Haute, IN, USA   USA
You should be able to advance your timing for pennies with an offset keyway if the flywheel is keyed.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1925 CycleKart Speedway Racer

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links