Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

What did you do on your CycleKart Today?

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Woodysrods Avatar
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Well it has been a little slow here on the CycleKart Forum latelysad smiley
So......it may be time for this thread???
It will be a place to post pictures, updates, ideas, etc, that may help to inspire others.
Or at least give us something to read while at rest.
Good Roads
Brian
PS
This thread has already inspired me to go out to the shop today and see if I can get something done,
that may be worthy of reporting tonight??????

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Denny Graham Gold Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Exactly what I've been thinkin' the last few weeks Brian. But....you know how careful
I gotta be, I don't want anyone getting sick and tired of me posting my opinion around here.
I've been trying to tie up loose ends around Shangri la and get ready for the long cold winter.
I manage to sneak in an hour here and there on the last of my shop tools that I will be
building for a while, that would be the weld positioner. Lots of precision mill and lathe work
involved with this project as it really is sort of a mini lathe with a 6" 3-jaw chuck.
Also, I'm an animal rights advocate and I've been nursing our 13 year old puggle, who has
developed a lame rear leg. Getting an appointment for your dog now a days is just about
as bad as getting in to see one of our human physicians. A lame rear leg and we can't get
her in before the middle of next week. So she needs someone around all the time to keep
her from making it worse.
I did get out of the house for a couple of hours this morning to mow one last time and
blow some of the leaves into piles.
As soon as I finish up the weld positioner project I'll be mounting up the front springs on
the Riley, then she'll be down on all four. Axle's ready to go but I've still got to do the mods
on the steering boxes, (got three just in case I live long enough to build a couple more karts.)
Well....my milk and cookies are done so I'm heading back out to the tractor, still gotta finish
mowing the pasture down by the creek.
Denny Graham
Still alive in Sandwich, IL

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Got a bad cold setting in, but last night I mounted my newly radiused front spring.
Better ride height and less negative camber. Also installed a 7" driven this week. Nice low end boost, but a slight loss of top end. Worth it I think.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Woodysrods Avatar
In reply to # 36066 by CmdBentaxle Got a bad cold setting in, but last night I mounted my newly radiused front spring.
Better ride height and less negative camber. Also installed a 7" driven this week. Nice low end boost, but a slight loss of top end. Worth it I think.

Especially for the dirt track!winking smiley
Brian

Woodysrods Avatar
Hi Denny
My hay field is mowed. And Sandi is waiting for a couple of non rain days, so she can cut the lawns
one last time. Raking and hauling leaves at the moment.
The rain this afternoon will allow me to retreat to the CycleKart shop until I have to come in to make supper.
My turn, as Sandi works until 7:30 pm
Good Roads
Brian

Racie35 Avatar
Racie35 Bruce T
Terre Haute, IN, USA   USA
Fabbed up some front spring mounts...next week my differential will be here and I'll toss that in too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-03 02:28 PM by Racie35.

MichaelR Avatar
MichaelR Michael Richard
Albany, GA., USA   USA
Actually got a pair of saw horses built and painted. scrounged up a good bit of usable metal 1 3/4 square tubing, some 1x3 J channel, aluminum U channel, and 3/32 sheet steel for free, Began clearing a work area, and got a donation of an office cubicle complete with brackets a smoked window panel and door. should make working in the cold barn a little warmer. Found a 1ft x 3 ft piece of 1/4 steel in the road on the way home. And just when I thought the day was great, got a call my debit card was hacked and cleaned me out pretty good, Bank says they;ll cover it but I sure miss my card. lol

1908Rick Avatar
1908Rick Rick Eggers
Cape Coral, FL, USA   USA
I took everything out of the garage and swept the floor, then dusted off a few things and parked them back in the garage.

Let this be a warning to you kids. If you spend too much time in the garage building odd historic replica vehicles, your garage could end up looking like this.

Attachments:
Garage full.jpg    57 KB
Garage full.jpg

Denny Graham Gold Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
As the sun sinks slowly in the west, our weary worker takes his final pass across
the sod and heads homeward where a well earned supper awaits him.
Now....maybe tomorrow I'll get to spend some time in the shop!

With all your fortune Brian, you still making that poor girl punch the time clock???
And then she has to come home and mow the lawn? Oh well....like they say,
a woman's work is never done!

How did you re-arch the spring Dave, in a press? What kind of ratio does
that new sprocket give you?

Is it your car or mother's car that sits out in the rain Rick? Keep it up and ya'll
are gonna need a bigger garage.

1908Rick Avatar
1908Rick Rick Eggers
Cape Coral, FL, USA   USA
In reply to # 36072 by Denny Graham

Is it your car or mother's car that sits out in the rain Rick? Keep it up and ya'll
are gonna need a bigger garage.

Her Ford Edge sits outside, and unfortunately, so does my Jaguar. I do need a bigger garage.

JTremain Avatar
JTremain Justin Tremain
Oak HArbor, WA, USA   USA
1927 Nash Legion Special "Legion Special"
Dave, I like that you didn't post why the gear ratio is! I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours hahaha

"Magic Man"

1927 Nash Modified: Legion Special
"Build" Thread - https://www.cyclekartclub.com/phorum/read.php?2,26661

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Caught that, did you Justin?
No, I'm not that cloak and dagger. The low ratio with the 6" is 2.68 vs 3.13 with the 7."
The spring I had pressed at Right Way Spring in Tacoma. 5 bucks!

smallboregarage Avatar
smallboregarage Chuck Kraeuter
Portland, OR, USA   USA
Thanks for putting out the call for content. On Friday, I washed the grease out of some old bearings, and yesterday I made this balance stand. The kart was pulled apart, and the engine is now back in the basement where it's warm and dry.

Attachments:
image.jpeg    40 KB
image.jpeg

image.jpeg    49.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Woodysrods Avatar
Installed my new steering U joint, re mounted my lower steering support, drilled and tapped
quick release to accommodate 6 hole mounting, and polished stainless mounting screws.
Basically I got back to where I was months ago.........but am much happier with the way my
steering works now!
Time to move "Forward" again!thumbs up
Brian

Wikispeeder Bruce C
Tewksbury, MA, USA   USA
I got my steering linkage all put together and installed. The steering knuckle and arms had to be fabricated, which took a bit of noodling. Decided to try using rack&pinion, and that's now in place. Need to tackle the steering column next - it needs a couple of hoops to support it, and I'm figuring out how to bend the tubing to my liking. It's slow, but things are moving!

- Bruce

"Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Attachments:
IMG_20181103_143542.jpg    70 KB
IMG_20181103_143542.jpg

IMG_20181103_143610.jpg    60.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1925 CycleKart Speedway Racer

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links