Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
CKC

The Pub - Off Topic

2nd Ever, Likely Annual Northeast Spring Meet May 19, 2018. C'mon Down!

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

jcny Avatar
jcny Silver Member John Corey
Melrose, NY, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart French "Sam"
1934 CycleKart Italian "Tazio"
Re-posting this from the Events Forum, because I know a bunch of you only go to this forum and would miss the other announcement!

"Hey, now - no more grousing about late Spring or no place to play here in the Northeast USA. We have an even planned just one month from now, and YOU probably haven't signed up yet! If you have, well done! Otherwise, c'mon!

https://www.cyclekartclub.com/calendar/event/1896

Race through the fields. Throw up some dirt (from your wheels, that is). The 27 Salmson is all ready. Nick's marvelous Bugatti will be there. Likely a new and exciting CK or two (that I know of). More and others wanted. More and others invited.

Come play with us!

jc

Builder: John 'the Fierce' Corey, aka Lord Emile Salmson (or Lordy Miles On Some)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
PennywiseAerialViewLongCourse2.jpg    66.7 KB
PennywiseAerialViewLongCourse2.jpg

FinishedRearView.jpg    87.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
NickTurnsInByWendellThief.jpg    62.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
PDXBryan Bryan Dickerson
Troutdale, OR, USA   USA
Damn, that looks like fun!
In the tradition of the original Watkins Glen! I hope you get some more CKs to show up. If you build it they will come, right?!

Woodysrods Avatar
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Way to go John!thumbs up
You are definitely the spark of the NE.
An I am glad you posted this here, as you were right in knowing it would have been missed elsewhere.
Brian

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Martin HL Avatar
Martin HL Martin Hill Lonergan
Armstrong, BC, Canada   CAN
O dear, I see these courses popping up and I'm pretty sure I went the wrong route with my tires. My tread is'nt the slightest bit "aggresive" if that makes sense. I think I have sunday drive type tires. If theres gravel or grass anywhere I drive with the present tires I think I'll have to learn how to drift. Are there awards for the mostr spinouts? Guess I should worry about finishing the kart first.

Looks a great course your Lordship, I'm sure it will be a splendid day.

Toot Toot-pip pip, Tally Ho
Martin

andrewroudny Avatar
andrewroudny andrew roudny
peterborough, ON, Canada   CAN
1939 CycleKart German "The Vulture"
Sorry guys, I won't have the Vulture running in time to make it to this one. Hopefully next year.

"I never lose. I either win or learn.”
-Nelson Mandela

PDXBryan Bryan Dickerson
Troutdale, OR, USA   USA
Martin
The way I see it, being able to drive a whole race sideways beats winning any day! Keep those tires, traction is over-rated ;^)

Notso-Chinsee Avatar
Notso-Chinsee Gold Member Albert Lies
Spokane Valley, Washington (WA), USA   USA
1927 CycleKart American
1938 CycleKart American "Burd Piston Ring Special"
Maybe a 2019 road trip would be in order if we could put one together. That would include a few stops on the way Arizona, Indy, Sandwich and ?
Al

Al Lies
The "Not-So Chinsee" guy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-06 10:47 AM by Notso-Chinsee.

andrewroudny Avatar
andrewroudny andrew roudny
peterborough, ON, Canada   CAN
1939 CycleKart German "The Vulture"
In reply to # 33038 by Notso-Chinsee Maybe a 2019 road trip would be in order if we could put one together. That would include a few stops on the way Arizona, Indy, Sandwich and ?
Al

Tieton !?

"I never lose. I either win or learn.”
-Nelson Mandela

jcny Avatar
Melrose, NY, USA   USA
Martin, Slippery tread is no sin! You're not so far away as to preclude coming over to find out, either. I will also be up your way NEXT month, driving in the Great Race vintage rally (www.greatrace.com). See ya? jc

Builder: John 'the Fierce' Corey, aka Lord Emile Salmson (or Lordy Miles On Some)

jcny Avatar
Melrose, NY, USA   USA
Andrew, no reason to stay away! C'mon down and we'll give ya seat time in another CK!

Woodysrods Avatar
In reply to # 33071 by jcny Martin, Slippery tread is no sin! You're not so far away as to preclude coming over to find out, either. I will also be up your way NEXT month, driving in the Great Race vintage rally (www.greatrace.com). See ya? jc
Hi John
Marin lives in B.C.eye rolling smiley
I little bit off of the 2018 Great Race Route????
You had me excited for a minute ..........until I checked the route.
Brian

Woodysrods Avatar
In reply to # 33029 by Martin HL O dear, I see these courses popping up and I'm pretty sure I went the wrong route with my tires. My tread is'nt the slightest bit "aggresive" if that makes sense. I think I have sunday drive type tires. If theres gravel or grass anywhere I drive with the present tires I think I'll have to learn how to drift. Are there awards for the mostr spinouts? Guess I should worry about finishing the kart first.

Martin
Hi Martin (sorry John. I will only steal your thread for a minute)
I walked Ed's proposed track yesterday.
And there is one are you might want to watch out for with your smooth tires if it there is even a hint of dampness!
You might find yourself in a "Shitty Situation" if you know what I mean????????
Brian

jcny Avatar
Melrose, NY, USA   USA
Whoops, I was reading BC but thinking NB. Sorry.

In reply to # 33078 by Woodysrods
In reply to # 33029 by Martin HL O dear, I see these courses popping up and I'm pretty sure I went the wrong route with my tires. My tread is'nt the slightest bit "aggresive" if that makes sense. I think I have sunday drive type tires. If theres gravel or grass anywhere I drive with the present tires I think I'll have to learn how to drift. Are there awards for the mostr spinouts? Guess I should worry about finishing the kart first.

Martin
Hi Martin (sorry John. I will only steal your thread for a minute)
I walked Ed's proposed track yesterday.
And there is one are you might want to watch out for with your smooth tires if it there is even a hint of dampness!
You might find yourself in a "Shitty Situation" if you know what I mean????????
Brian

jcny Avatar
Melrose, NY, USA   USA
MAJOR BUMMER! The weather gods frown on the original date! 70's either side, but 50's and 100% wet on our original date. I'll still be here if any friends wish to drop in, but I think we have to move the event, tentatively to June 3 (currently awaiting availability from registered participants). See event page for more!

Attachments:
Bad Weather.pdf    104.1 KB

jcny Avatar
Melrose, NY, USA   USA
I have the course all prepped (except for the signs and lines) for tomorrow's (now delayed for rain) Northeast Meet. Dang that Mother Nature. Today she was as gentle as can be, so I ran a couple of laps for you to see. I thought there was a place to put videos but I can;t find it so it's on youTube, at:

Enjoy!

jc

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1919 CycleKart Lightweight

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links