Bugattis!

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

jcny Avatar
jcny Silver Member John Corey
Melrose, NY, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart French "Sam"
1934 CycleKart Italian "Tazio"
So, many of you know about the beautiful Bugatti Cyclekart built by Nick Walters (member of the Northeast contingent). Last weekend, he and I took that CK to the Lime Rock Park (best road racing venue in the whole East, and arguably the whole country), as it was their annual Historics Festival (http://limerock.com/labor-day-historics). This year the featured marque was Bugatti, and coincided with a visit from the decennial International Bugatti Tour (https://www.americanbugatticlub.org/event_2018.cfm) and featured a Bugatti Grand Prix (Yep, real 1930's Bugattis racing in a great road course). Well. Nick loaded his Bugatti homage CK in the truck and off we went. I persuaded him against his British reserve to get it off the truck and into the show! I drove it right through the ticket gate, down the midway, and parked it beside its namesake in one of the Bugatti display tents. I have to show you the result, because it is just astonishing and a tribute to Nick's work. Note the power of perspective in the first two pix!

Builder: John 'the Fierce' Corey, aka Lord Emile Salmson (or Lordy Miles On Some)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_6159.jpg    72.2 KB
IMG_6159.jpg

IMG_6164.jpg    59.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_6170 (1).jpg    52.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
dBlast Avatar
dBlast Vince De Blasi
Maple, ON, Canada   CAN
I think Nick Bugatti cyclekart is one of the most well proportioned, well detailed example of a cyclekart that I have seen. It is remarkable of how much it looks like the original Bugatti in that first picture.

What was the reaction of the visitors?

Vince.

KartFly Gregg D
Lakeville, CT, USA   USA
I had just "discovered" cyclekarts in the past month or so I was so excited to see this little Bugatti parked with it's older cousins under the tent at Lime Rock. It really is perfectly proportioned and beautifully built. It was great to meet you both and talk briefly. I'm really looking forward to checking out the action in October.
Cheers
Gregg

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
jcny Avatar
jcny Silver Member John Corey
Melrose, NY, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart French "Sam"
1934 CycleKart Italian "Tazio"
They loved it! Even the real Bugatti owners.

Builder: John 'the Fierce' Corey, aka Lord Emile Salmson (or Lordy Miles On Some)

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1942 CycleKart American

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links