CKC

The Pub - Off Topic

Pedal car

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

stegla Stephen G
Guernsey, Channel Islands, UK   GBR
Ready to race. Brrrrrum Brrrrrrum.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
alfmia4.jpg    42.6 KB
alfmia4.jpg

alfmia3.jpg    39.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. Pualic
Bern, Bern, Switzerland   CHE
Hello, Steve!
I hardly found your topic because in those two years there in the PUB accumulated a lot of topics!

I am shocked a little when I see that 2 years passed and I didn't start pedal-car for my step-grandson Nils!
Now, he would be 3 years old at the end of December and that would the right time to start driving or be pulled in it.

In meantime, I collected most of the components and finally decided what to build, after a few changes of plans.
Holiday (for the second time!) in Belgrade is over, garden jobs finished (I hope), reconstruction of garden-cabin too, some other projects also...

As I could work in the basement of our building, bad and cold weather shouldn't be a problem.
More from me later and I will re-read this topic and probably would have some more questions.

What is experience and impression after use of your pedal-car for more than a year?
If I am not wrong, you have another topic about pedal- car, but I couldn't find it?

Regards,
Zoran

Zoran R. Pualić
(mostly living in Bern, Swiss & happy in my Belgrade, Serbia)

stegla Stephen G
Guernsey, Channel Islands, UK   GBR
Zoran,

The pedal-car is still going strong. It has survived some rough treatment.

Experience has shown the need for rubber grips to stop your foot sliding off the pedals when wet.

Good luck with your kids car.

Steve

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. Pualic
Bern, Bern, Switzerland   CHE
Hello, Steve!
Thank you for the comments in both of topics.

The most important is that kids enjoy driving it.
I suppose that Nils would also, but who knows.
My idea is that he could and would use from it from 3rd birthday until 8-9 years old, but we shall see.

For the pedalling system, I planned to make hanging/oscillating pedals, connected by levers to pedals of kid bike that I would use as a base.
From those pedals, chain transmission to the rear wheel with a derailleur and 7 speeds, just as on the bike
On horizontal connecting levers, I will install unused pedals from my quadricycle to serve as foot-rests.
I think that they would be good enough for support of feet. Such pedals could be moved for-and-after for better position during Nils' development.

Ciao,
Zoran

Zoran R. Pualić
(mostly living in Bern, Swiss & happy in my Belgrade, Serbia)

Attachments:
DSCN0365.JPG    58.2 KB
DSCN0365.JPG

DSCN0367.JPG    56.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1930 CycleKart Pre War

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links