The Pub - Off Topic

Slyme Dawg 7 20 18

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Slyme Dawg Avatar
Slyme Dawg Ryan Hanegan
Sultan, WA, USA   USA
Hey Denny,
Thank you for your observations. Critical discussion should always be encouraged! Safety is my number one goal. Thanks for your concern and being a responsible member of the Cycle Kart community!
Cheers!
Ryan

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Slyme Dawg Avatar
Slyme Dawg Ryan Hanegan
Sultan, WA, USA   USA
Hey Denny,
Thank you for your observations. Critical discussion should always be encouraged! Safety is my number one goal. Thanks for your concern and being a responsible member of the Cycle Kart community!
Cheers!
Ryan

Dennis Thomas Avatar
phoenix, AZ, USA   USA
1919 CycleKart Lightweight "A.V. Monocar"
1925 CycleKart Speedway Racer "Old Number 27"
1930 CycleKart German "The Boulevard Cruiser"
1937 CycleKart American "37 Studebaker Modified"
This has gone on long enough. I have come to the realization that you only have one goal Denny, and that is to stir things up. I have seen you do this many times on numerous threads. Give it a rest will ya! Most of what you type is condescending or outright insulting and you know it. As soon as you stir things up good you act all innocent, especially when some one challenges you! It's wearing pretty thin and I for one don't care for your style of trolling. Watching you bust the chops of people I respect and have come to know personally does not sit well with me.

Link to Cyclekart videos http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh0MOBj4QLAYsl4XsfXHfWA/videos?flow=grid&sort=da&view=0

Link to Old #27 build photos
http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/DThomas1925/library/Old%2027%20Build%20photos?sort=3&page=1

Link to Monocar build photos
http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/DThomas1925/library/1919%20AV%20Monocar%20Build%20Photos?sort=3&page=1

Link to BMW Roadster build photos
http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/DThomas1925/library/1930%20BMW%203-15%20PS%20Wartburg%20Roadster%20build%20photos?sort=3&page=1

Link to my Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/dennis.thomas.7564

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. Pualic
Bern, Bern, Switzerland   CHE
In reply to # 34485 by Dennis Thomas This has gone on long enough. I have come to the realization that you only have one goal Denny, and that is to stir things up. I have seen you do this many times on numerous threads. Give it a rest will ya! Most of what you type is condescending or outright insulting and you know it. As soon as you stir things up good you act all innocent, especially when someone challenges you! It's wearing pretty thin and I for one don't care for your style of trolling. Watching you bust the chops of people I respect and have come to know personally does not sit well with me.
===================================
So, Dennis - what to add to your wise words?
I would not say anything about Denny - I said a few times all that I wanted (positive and negative)...

However, I will say something about joy and fun of Cyclekartism, Cyclekartistes and their magnificent machines - Cyclekarts!
I would just like to be there at Slyme Dawg dirt-track and have a nice time with wonderful persons: Ryan, his family and friends as hosts there and Cyclekartistes that gathered there!
Nice machines could be seen and nice racing without serious or dangerous accidents!

For me, they have great fun having time together with an opportunity to try their vehicles in some kind of rase, with tough testing machines and themselves. I enjoy watching them!

I wouldn't care if Rayan waved with his cap or jacket, or yellow-green-white or whatever flag.
Obviously that Cyclekartistes understand him and he takes care of them, enough but not spoiling spontaneity of gathering.
That was a semi-amateur organisation for amateurs (mostly experienced).

Regards,
Zoran

Zoran R. Pualić
(mostly living in Bern, Swiss & happy in my Belgrade, Serbia)

johnla Avatar
johnla Silver Member John L
Woodway, WA, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart French "1927 Delage Gran Prix"
Thanks Dennis and Zoran! You're right, Ryan takes good care of us, and I think we've all learned a lot from him. Now to get things back on track, here is a copy of Ryan's post re. August 11 race weekend, just in case you didn't see it. It promises to be a really fun weekend and I hope all of you in striking distance can make it. I'm planning on camping out Sat, if not both Sat and Sun. See you there! John

Slyme Dawg Invitational Speedway
In association with
High Five Racing Enterprises
Is proud to announce
The First Annual
Gregory L Iverson Memorial
Cycle Kart
Dirt Kup
Saturday, August 11, 2018

This is a three day event starting softly the afternoon of Friday the 10th with a Cycle Kart Concourse and Camping. Come sip your personal favorite beverage look over the competition. Prizes will be awarded to the People’s Choice. Track may open by request for those that wish to take a few hot laps in the evening to tune for the next day’s big event.

August 11, 2018, please arrive, be unloaded and ready to go in time for our Pit Meeting at 11:00 AM sharp. Attendance required! The day will include a short hot lap session, Time trials, Trophy Dash, Heat Races, B Main, and The First Annual, Gregory L Iverson Memorial, Cycle Kart Dirt Kup. In the evening there will be a memorial and celebration of the life of Greg. Who in is passing ignited the flame that made all this possible. And Beer!

August 12, 2018 we will be hosting the Better Bring Your Bail Money Cycle Kart Road Rally. A timed event on a twisty road across from the Slyme Dawg compound.

As always each racer will need full face helmet, eye protection, gloves, durable long sleeve shirt, full length pants and proper footwear are required. While we aim to operate a safe venue this is friends gathering in a farm field. We do not have aid cars and fire crews. Participation IS AT YOUR OWN RISK and safety starts with you! Cars should be built to the standards and rules as prescribed by the Gittreville rules

Donation: $20.00 per kart and first driver $10.00 for extra drivers. Additional donation of $20 for camping is greatly appreciated. Camping is rugged with outhouse access. Limited room for Motor Homes. Call in advance and I will hook you up with Eric to make arrangements. There is also a very nice sand and gravel beach for relaxing. It is tidal and there are currents so exercise care if swimming. Please leave no trace. If you bring it in pack it out!

Slyme Dawg Invitational Speedway is located north of the Stillaguamish River on the picturesque grounds of our benevolent dictator, Sir Eric Hanson's, Chateau Iwanit Myway.

Slyme Dawg Invitational Speedway
23261 70th Ave NW
Stanwood WA 98292
I can be reached at my email high.five@comcast.net or phone 425-244-3739. Please do not call weekdays before 5:30 PM or after 9:00 PM.

Hope to see all that attended last year and some new faces too!

Best Regards
Ryan Hanegan
Track Promoter, Flagman and Chief Instigator

Woodysrods Avatar
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
After 2 weeks of traveling in the US, one week of farming, and a full week special event at our Farm with 39 guests and their 23 Teardrop Trailers...........It was just so nice to read the words "Better Bring Your Bail Money Road Rally" to give me the push to get back at my CycleKart!
Even though we are headed back to the US for a Rod Run then home for a Wedding between now and August 10th, plus a 300 mile day trip to pick up my newly purchased MGA, I plan to use every precious minute in between to attempt to get my Miller ready to Race!
Wish me Lock!
And Thanks for the words of inspiration!thumbs up
Hope to see you all at Slyme Dawg!smileys with beer
Brian

Slyme Dawg Avatar
Slyme Dawg Ryan Hanegan
Sultan, WA, USA   USA
Great news!
Really look forward to seeing a new Kart added to.the mix!

Woodysrods Avatar
In reply to # 34494 by Slyme Dawg Great news!
Really look forward to seeing a new Kart added to.the mix!
This event has been on my calendar since it was first announced, but is dependant on
the completion of my CycleKart.
If I am able to make it, I look forward to camping with my Teardrop trailer.
Brian

Notso-Chinsee Avatar
Notso-Chinsee Gold Member Albert Lies
Spokane Valley, Washington (WA), USA   USA
1927 CycleKart American
1938 CycleKart American "Burd Piston Ring Special"
I am sad to say this one is off the calendar for me. Maybe the next one.
Al

Al Lies
The "Not-So Chinsee" guy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-30 06:14 PM by Notso-Chinsee.

Slyme Dawg Avatar
Slyme Dawg Ryan Hanegan
Sultan, WA, USA   USA
Say it isnt so!!!!!
sad smiley
You will be missed!

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
That is tough news Al!
You'll leave a big hole.

johnla Avatar
johnla Silver Member John L
Woodway, WA, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart French "1927 Delage Gran Prix"
Shoot, we'll mis you Al, hopefully see you in Sept. Brian, I'm excited to see that you might make it!

Notso-Chinsee Avatar
Notso-Chinsee Gold Member Albert Lies
Spokane Valley, Washington (WA), USA   USA
1927 CycleKart American
1938 CycleKart American "Burd Piston Ring Special"
My son and daughter have been dog sitting for me over the last three CK weekend trips and it’s my turn on that weekend. Thanks for your comments. Looking forward to video.
Al

Al Lies
The "Not-So Chinsee" guy

Woodysrods Avatar
If I make it I will Miss You Too Al.
Brian

Racie35 Avatar
Racie35 Bruce T
Terre Haute, IN, USA   USA
All I wanna know is when do I get to play!! Ha! Being here in Indiana I. Hoping guys organize something nearer as I get one of these together.
You guys sure had some fun ..smiles everywhere

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1911 CycleKart Racing

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links