The Pub - Off Topic

The Great Cover Up!

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Denny Graham Gold Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
I mean, for coverin' up the old bod? I'm up early, went and poked around the barn for a while
after the mutt went back to sleep. And I came back in a while ago for a cup of fresh, hot, delicious,
steaming cup of coffee, and thought I'd check in to see what the boys on the forum were up to last night.
I'm thinkin' how slow the forum has been lately, so I thought I'd throw somethin' out to see if anyone is awake.
I've been picking up gloves that I though might look stylish with a Cyclekart, and I've got
the goggles and a leather helmet, leftovers from my open pit flying days, so I've got those covered.
I see a lot of the guys wearing coveralls, which look kind of period correct for 20's since suits and
ties were what you went motoring in back in the day.
Looking online for coveralls is like looking for tea at the super market,,,so dang many choices
it boggles the mind. .
So what brand, style, are ya'll buying for your cover ups and who ya buying them from?
Now the Fez...... well....that really doesn't turn me on, but I would, like to get a nice comfy
pair of coveralls......just in case I do happen to make it to a Cyclekart meet.
dg

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
I got a grey shirt and pants for Mark's, not a big fan of coveralls.

S'all for now!

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Coveralls all the way!
They lend all the entry/exit/servicing activity a degree of dignity, if you know what I mean.
They just look more legit, and get a surprising number of compliments. I only spent about $20
on Ebay reasoning they'd get all stained up. They have.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
JTremain Avatar
JTremain Justin Tremain
Oak HArbor, WA, USA   USA
1927 Nash Legion Special "Legion Special"
I use an old naval flight suit. Hope I still fit in it, been awhile since ive worn it!

"Magic Man"

1927 Nash Modified: Legion Special
"Build" Thread - https://www.cyclekartclub.com/phorum/read.php?2,26661

Woodysrods Avatar
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Yes, the "Doing It Wrong" Boys look very professional!thumbs up
Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-18 06:36 PM by Woodysrods.

Denny Graham Gold Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Ah ha Jason.....now we know your secret to taking those corners at full bore.....an anti-G flight suit.
But where do you keep the pressure tank???

I've seen coveralls on the net from $7.95 to $250 Dave. That's my point....there's just to dang
many choices.
The last pair of coveralls that I bought, was in high school for auto shop class way back in the 50's.
They didn't have the fancy designer weaves and styles back then, just those heavy blue mechanics
Herringbone jobs with the buttons up the front. Knowing me.....I've probably still got them around
here, hidden in a box somewhere.....better not throw that away.....you never know when you might need it!
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-18 03:18 PM by Denny Graham.

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
I looked at some old vintage or reproduced racing suites, but for something I knew I was
gonna get mud all over? Nope. For what I paid I'll just replace 'em and transfer the patches when they get too disreputable. Which is about now.

They are the Red Kap brand.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-18 03:36 PM by CmdBentaxle.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1912 CycleKart Race Car

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links