The Pub - Off Topic

Trailers for CK

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Woodysrods Avatar
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
So todays progress!
Worked on the door skins and the bulkhead skin.
Brian

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
P1290004.JPG    30.8 KB
P1290004.JPG

P1290005.JPG    30.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
motorbill66 Avatar
motorbill66 Bill Wardlow
Bellvue, CO, USA   USA
That's one very cool trailer, Brian. Will it carry a CK? or are you just showing it to us? Likely I'll just put mine (When I actually have one!) in the back of my truck where it will be protected about as well as possible. There are no windows in the sides of the cap for those prying eyes. Of course, the tough part is getting the CK in or out, as the tailgate is about 43 inches AGL. Ramps would work, but they'd be awfully long and present lots of opportunity for minor disaster. Anybody got any ideas? I'm thinking lifting and lowering it vertically might be best, but with the cap on the bed, my pickup mounted crane might not have clearance. I do have a 20 ft. flatbed trailer that I used to use for racing and vehicle recovery, But that just might be excessive, unless I'd like to carry about a dozen of them!...... Oh well, not to worry. I'll figure something out. I'm already thinking! And, remarkably, it isn't even noon yet!! There' always the HF option, but I'd want to reduce the spring rates and add some small shocks, because I can't ever leave anything the hell alone.

Bill

The older I get, the faster I was

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 12:15 PM by motorbill66.

motorbill66 Avatar
motorbill66 Bill Wardlow
Bellvue, CO, USA   USA
OK, how do you remove a post? Mine contained an error in logic that I wanted to correct, and while it will let me edit the post, it will not let mew remove it and start again. Not only that, but when I hit preview or anything at all, including cancel, when I return to the page my post is still there. I notice there is a message at the top that says they're 'having issues' at the moment, but I wanted to correct this before you all see how dumb I am!

Motorbill66

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. Pualic
Bern, Bern, Switzerland   CHE
Hello, Bill!
You couldn't delete entire message, but you could delete all the text using EDIT and space should stay empty!
You could put a note "deleted by the author" or something like that.

Then, you simply write a new message as you wish...

Ciao,
Zoran

=================================================================
In reply to # 38161 by motorbill66 OK, how do you remove a post? Mine contained an error in logic that I wanted to correct, and while it will let me edit the post, it will not let mew remove it and start again. Not only that, but when I hit preview or anything at all, including cancel, when I return to the page my post is still there. I notice there is a message at the top that says they're 'having issues' at the moment, but I wanted to correct this before you all see how dumb I am!
Motorbill66

Zoran R. Pualić
(mostly living in Bern, Swiss & happy in my Belgrade, Serbia)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 04:13 PM by moto-klasika.

motorbill66 Avatar
motorbill66 Bill Wardlow
Bellvue, CO, USA   USA
Zoran,

Mea Culpa! I am 'computer illogical'. I can deal with any electro-mechanical mechanism or object masterfully, yet my mind goes elsewhere and hides whenever I'm using this medium. Thanks for stating what's obvious to a fool...like me!

moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. Pualic
Bern, Bern, Switzerland   CHE
Билл,
Фор суре тхат ѕоу аре нот фоол
(sorry, "mea culpa" now - I started with Cyrillic letters, an hour before I was writing something for some Serbian political portal)

--- ---
So, Bill, you are not a fool: you asked question and fools do not ask questions - they know everything!
Simply, some people know some things better and some less, mostly based on experience supported by some theoretical knowledge and initiated by necessity...

Therefore, I would take advantage and ask you something about an electromechanical mechanism, when I had a need for that (electric-powered system for light quadricycle?)
<I have need already, but do not have money for realisation, so interest is just thoretical>

Ciao,
Zoran

=====================================================
In reply to # 38166 by motorbill66 Zoran,
Mea Culpa! I am 'computer illogical'. I can deal with any electro-mechanical mechanism or object masterfully, yet my mind goes elsewhere and hides whenever I'm using this medium. Thanks for stating what's obvious to a fool...like me!

Zoran R. Pualić
(mostly living in Bern, Swiss & happy in my Belgrade, Serbia)

Racie35 Avatar
Racie35 Bruce T
Terre Haute, IN, USA   USA
I'm think one of those harbor freight trailers will be ok.

Denny Graham Gold Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-18 03:26 AM by Denny Graham.

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
Bunch of guys I know used a Harbor Freight trailer to relay an Austin Healey Sprite from Los Angeles, California to Tom's River, New Jersey. First guy pulled the trailer a couple of hundred miles east and handed it off to the next guy, etc., etc., all the way across the country. The trailer worked just fine so there should be no problem with a couple of cyclekarts. smiling smiley

motorbill66 Avatar
motorbill66 Bill Wardlow
Bellvue, CO, USA   USA
Zoran.

I thank you for the kind and encouraging
words. Please call on me anytime you might need some assistance which I can supply, or, anytime at all! I also am waiting to build a CK, but need space for the work. I used to own a 10,000 sqft shop and was in the automobile restoration business. Now I work in my one car garage, which is stuffed full of machine tools. I may need to rent space, since I'm also working on my 1958 MG Magnette sedan. I just can't quit...

Bill Wardlow, in Colorado, USA.

Woodysrods Avatar
Hi Bill
I hope you are putting a V6 or V8 in your Magnette.....I have just put a 3400 SFI V6 c/w Tremic 5spd
in my 1962 MGA.
And loading a CK in the back of a PU is no problem because of its total weight.....one person can easily
handle the job.
My trailer pictured a few posts back, is purpose built to carry 2 CycleKarts and a queen sized mattress.
Brian

Attachments:
P4151643.JPG    47.5 KB
P4151643.JPG

P4151644.JPG    36.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Denny Graham Gold Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-18 03:26 AM by Denny Graham.

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
Ha ha, you haven't driven with Brian. 55 would be a little slow.

In reply to # 38240 by Denny Graham Hey Brian, isn't the front of that trailer gonna be like pulling a barn door thru the wind at 55 mph????
Looks like an orful lot of wind resistance to drag you down.
dg

S'all for now!

Woodysrods Avatar
You got that right Vic.
If I was only going to go 55mph, I wouldn't need a trailer, I would just drive the CK all the way to the event.
We tow Miss Piggy (our camping trailer) at speeds over 100 mph almost every time we take her on a road trip!eye rolling smiley
Been polled over in almost every State we have visited!smileys with beer
Brian

Rich S. Rich Souchek
Houston, Tx., USA   USA
Well trailer guys...
Currently have a retired 1996 Ford E350 ambulance that used to be a oilfield service truck.
Open space in back is about 9'long and 50" wide thru the dual doors.
Just need some loading ramps.
We don't really need no stinking trailer!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1925 CycleKart Speedway Racer

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links