Type 35 bugatti

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Notso-Chinsee Avatar
Notso-Chinsee Gold Member Albert Lies
Spokane Valley, Washington (WA), USA   USA
1927 CycleKart American
1938 CycleKart American "Burd Piston Ring Special"
I think this is beyond what you were wanting but I came across this on Instructables a while back before I started my CK. Google "Adult Power Wheels Racing Army Jeep"
Al

Al Lies
The "Not-So Chinsee" guy

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Thrush Michael Sutton
Redditch, Worcestershire, UK   GBR
Hello guys, well, the end is in sight ! My little princess has driven the baby bug for the first time under it's own power, a few snags to sort out but it performed really well.
I've stripped it down to fit and finish the panels before the paint, which is on order. But as usual life gets in the way, the storms we had last week toppled one of my palm trees and smashed the pot so I can't find any pots big enough so now I have to make some from decking.
Also got a new bike that needs riding so we've been racking some time up on that.
If I get time I'll get some pix of the painting.

Best regards Mick

Team classic Brian S
Lyttelton Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand   NZL
Can't wait to see it Mick. Regards Brian S.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. Pualic
Bern, Bern, Switzerland   CHE
In reply to # 26933 by Carpntir Hi Michael. I just love that Jeep and want to make it for my grandson, do you by any chance know of a place for the body dimensions of the Jeep? I’m a builder, cabinet maker and have built several small boats. Would really like to make this.
I’m going to do electric I think although gas could be a possibility....

Looks Awesome

Ray
=====================================
Hello, Roy!
Maybe to try something bigger that could be used by adults, too - with plywood monocoque unit of chassis/body:

... and, their website:

http://struckcorp.com/products/mini-beep-mba80-2wd/?pkg_num=M95#pr-packages

More material, more work, more money - but, more family fun too?

Ciao,
Zoran

Zoran R. Pualić
(mostly living in Bern, Swiss & happy in my Belgrade, Serbia)

Thrush Michael Sutton
Hello guys, sorry I haven't kept you up to speed on the Bugatti. It's been mainly the weather thats kept me from getting on with it but I haven't been idle. I joined another forum called Allmetalshaping .com and got the idea from them to make a thumbnail shrinker, It's a cracking tool and would have saved a lot of work on the boat tail section, I will definitely be using it on my next project.
Anyway back to the Baby. It's had two coats of etch primer and one top coat, I'm using an enamel paint and you have to wait 16 hrs between each coat so here's some pix of the first coat.
I've only got a small garage to paint in so I had to mount the car on a lazy susan turntable but it works perfectly and I can stand in one spot with the light behind me and just spin the car.

Best regards Mick

Attachments:
IMG_1650.JPG    41 KB
IMG_1650.JPG

IMG_1651.JPG    47.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
Looks great! There should be a flash point on that enamel, like recoat in 10 minutes or after 16 hrs. The flash point is when it just reaches tack, that way your new coat won't run.

S'all for now!

Thrush Michael Sutton
Thanks Victor, the tin says within 30 min or after 16 hrs, I didn't know about the tack point, it makes sense now. I'll give it two coats tomorrow if the weather allows then leave it over the weekend to see how it looks.
I've learnt a lot about spraying this last week, I had problems getting the etch primer to spray then got myself a viscous cup to thin the paint to the right consistency now it's a dream

Best regards Mick

Team classic Brian S
Lovely work Mick. Welcome back,,can't wait to see more. Best regards Brian.

andrewhorning Avatar
andrewhorning Andrew Horning
Freedom, IN, USA   USA
This is excellent. Thanks for sharing!

Bitalli Vitaliy Koyy
Bathgate, West Lothian, UK   GBR
Hi Mick

Nice to hear from you. Looking forward for more updates. Looking spectacular!

Kind regards Vitaliy

Thrush Michael Sutton
Hello guys,,, Well it's finally finished and when my granddaughter comes later I'll post a video of her driving it.

here's some pix.

Best regards and a big thank you to this site and the people who have helped and guided me ,, Mick.

Attachments:
IMG_1660.JPG    65.2 KB
IMG_1660.JPG

IMG_1661.JPG    70.5 KB
IMG_1665.JPG    72.2 KB
IMG_1666.JPG    56.3 KB
Thrush Michael Sutton
A couple more.

Attachments:
IMG_1667.JPG    51.3 KB
IMG_1667.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG    68.6 KB
Team classic Brian S
Congratulations Mick. You have created a beautiful work of art... A family heirloom. Best regards Brian.

jr007 john r
Bridport, dorset, UK   GBR
Stunning Mick - now what?!!

chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
Stunning work Mick, look forward to seeing your next one. Are you going to Shelsey Walsh for Bromyard on tour on Sunday? May well be some inspiration cars there.

Chris

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1930 CycleKart Great Britain

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links