CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

CycleKart Inspiration Photos

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Speeddemon Avatar
Speeddemon Louis Poleet
Roslindale, MA, USA   USA
Build what car of the past that inspires you the way you want to build it and that fits your body comfortably and is well built and strong in its construction and pays tribute to are great forefathers of the past and meet /make many new friends and above all have fun and injoy the hobby together as one..cheers ...ps btw (no one is trying to ruin the hobby woodzie.)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-13 10:37 AM by Speeddemon.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
572832-1.jpeg    55 KB
572832-1.jpeg

572830.jpeg    79.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
572831.jpeg    63.4 KB
Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK   GBR
I guess it must be very hard for some people to read the guidelines of what constitutes a cyclekart, given that there have been so many "custom karts" proposed.

Speeddemon Avatar
Speeddemon Louis Poleet
(Cycle kart. it is just a dress up bodyed go kart. ) it pays Tribune to are great forefathers of the past and thers racing cars . The Guide lines are just general rules to go by thats it!. Build it the way you what to.by using them to guide you in your ck build as a general rule to go by. Just be sure its well thought out/planed out in its design and well constructed .and it is 100% completely safe to drive it and be fun to drive. Cheers

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-13 11:09 AM by Speeddemon.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
image012.jpeg    20.2 KB
image012.jpeg

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
In reply to # 29774 by Rhysn
In reply to # 29771 by andrewroudny A good definition of the correct CK period could be "when the men were fat and the tires were skinny".

That sounds like now!
The era of the inspirations would be when the tires were skinny and so were men!. Pre War the average male was under 5'6" and weighed less than 140 lbs. A tall person was 5'10". I have my dad's soldiers belt from WW2 he had a 30" waist. Another reason why scaling can't work.
This sounds like the discussion we should be having over on my "Racing Weight" thread.
But, race our lifestyle (the introduction of Fast Food chains) has changed over the past 60 years.
And yes we are "Bigger" and maybe while we are out there having fun, there are some that are laughing at us, thinking we lookalike circus bears on tricycles.
Woody

andrewroudny Avatar
andrewroudny andrew roudny
peterborough, ON, Canada   CAN
1939 CycleKart German "The Vulture"
True! I stand corrected. Little bit of historical memory bias on my part.

BTW, how did the spindly Nuvolari ever handle the all-manual steering beasts of the day without wearing himself out completely?!

"I never lose. I either win or learn.”
-Nelson Mandela

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
In reply to # 29783 by andrewroudny True! I stand corrected. Little bit of historical memory bias on my part.

BTW, how did the spindly Nuvolari ever handle the all-manual steering beasts of the day without wearing himself out completely?!

Indeed Andrew, and the races were hundreds of miles long. From vague memory it couldn't be called a Grand Prix unless it was something over 100 miles, and it may have been 200. They ere pretty shattered at the end of most races when you watch the films of the day.

Speeddemon Avatar
Speeddemon Louis Poleet
Maybe we should all make the ck wheel base a little longer and ck body a little wider? Where not skinny teenagers any more.lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-13 10:42 AM by Speeddemon.

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
In reply to # 29780 by Speeddemon (Cycle kart. it is just a dress up bodyed go kart. ) . The Guide lines are just general rules to go by thats it!. Build it the way you what to.by using them to guide you in your ck build as a general rule to go by. Just be sure its well thought out/planed out in its design and well constructed .and it is 100% completely safe to drive it and be fun to drive. Cheers

Louis, you have missed a whole lot of history that given the number of your posts I would have expected you to have discovered. The original concept was for scaled down "sporting cars" of the pre-war era. I don't really see how an 8 seater banana remotely fits that.

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
In reply to # 29785 by Speeddemon Maybe we should all make the ck wheel base a little longer and ck body a little wider?

There is room for that on the "Custom Karts" then you won't get any argument from any of us. Move on over to that forum PLEASE!

Speeddemon Avatar
Speeddemon Louis Poleet
Hi rhys (The banana car pic was just for g.p. laffs) ie to lighting things up bit on here... I know where my roots are and along with ck.roots/etc. Well anyways Ill be hangingout on the forum.and helping out /etc on forum. anyone wana wants to shake a hand a make a new ck freind im here.cheers

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-13 11:15 AM by Speeddemon.

Attachments:
NEMA-index.jpg    7.4 KB
NEMA-index.jpg

Bay-State-Midget.jpg    4.4 KB
NEARA-Logo-web.jpg    4 KB
Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Yes, Please move on!
Woody

Speeddemon Avatar
Speeddemon Louis Poleet
Lightn up. woodize. .pce .cheers

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-13 11:34 AM by Speeddemon.

Attachments:
e5014467.jpg    777 bytes
e5014467.jpg

moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. Pualic
Bern, Bern, Switzerland   CHE
In reply to # 29774 by Rhysn
In reply to # 29771 by andrewroudny A good definition of the correct CK period could be "when the men were fat and the tires were skinny".

That sounds like now!
The era of the inspirations would be when the tires were skinny and so were men!. Pre War the average male was under 5'6" and weighed less than 140 lbs. A tall person was 5'10". I have my dad's soldiers belt from WW2 he had a 30" waist. Another reason why scaling can't work.
=======================================
Rhys,
And such "small" men was great?
They defeated many more numbers of them here-and-there across Pacific and some here in Europe that were mostly tall...
--- ---
Seriously, driving any racing cars from the late XIX century up to seventies was quite a difficult job physically, besides being a mental challenge... Just to think about the manual gearbox, especially at GP of Monaco... All of them were brave but at the same time with enormous persistence and dedication, supported by athletic strength and stiffness... During the unfamous Paris-Madrid road race, stopped in Bordeaux - average speed was 103 km/hour, over macadam roads - in 1903... Paris-Bordeaux-Paris, 1895, Émile Levassor won after completing the 1,178 km race in 48 hours, quite single-handed (as the solo driver with a broken arm, no sleeping, no rest, no food - just a bottle of champagne)... Anybody driving a monster with hundreds of horsepower in Mercedes-Benz or Auto-Union...

For us with something "round line" of our body - there is satisfaction looking at one successful Graff Kolovrat in cyclecar Sasche...

Ciao,
Zoran
P.S.: of course, all written is quite off-topic, good for PUB in late night hours, but that is often a situation here in Club, in most of the topics, even in CYCLEKART-TECH...

Zoran R. Pualić
(mostly living in Bern, Swiss & happy in my Belgrade, Serbia)

Attachments:
kolovrat, sascha23.jpg    37.4 KB
kolovrat, sascha23.jpg

kolovrat, sascha10.jpg    40.4 KB
Kolovrat, Sascha cyclecar.jpg    25.9 KB
Rhysn Rhys Nolan
And here is the cyclekart version

Attachments:
sascha Max.jpg    34.5 KB
sascha Max.jpg

andrewroudny Avatar
andrewroudny andrew roudny
peterborough, ON, Canada   CAN
1939 CycleKart German "The Vulture"
Zoran, your posts are the best! You take the time to do research and find some great photos, and we appreciate it.

I would ad only one thing: anybody who's ever driven a car with bias ply tires at any speed over 60 mph knows how brave you would have to be to drive at nearly 200. No roll cages, no fire suppression, no harnesses, no helmets! Those guys must have LOVED racing, that's for sure.

"I never lose. I either win or learn.”
-Nelson Mandela

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1930 CycleKart Custom

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links