CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

CycleKart Inspiration Photos

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
In reply to # 30398 by andrewroudny Belly tankers are my new Pinterest obsession. If you take a belly tanker's innards and bolt them to a model t frame, that's basically my next project.
They have been my dream since I was a teen (65 now) and I am currently the planning and design phase of my second CycleKart.
Bonniville Lakester (Belly Tank)
After yesterday's CycleKart Garage Tour, I woke up at 3:00 am planning the front axle in my sleep, had to get up and look at my Belly Tank
photo collection before I could go back to sleep.confused smiley
I have got it Bad!eye rolling smiley
Brian

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
675143139_srCdd-X3.jpg    30.6 KB
675143139_srCdd-X3.jpg

Smoky Avatar
Smoky Silver Member Don Schmok
Salmon Arm, BC, Canada   CAN
A couple more I came across.

1929 Riley Bitsa

Attachments:
B6289BC8-FD68-4AC6-A4F1-F122DCA66D53.jpeg    48.9 KB
B6289BC8-FD68-4AC6-A4F1-F122DCA66D53.jpeg

568AF3DC-3687-4870-BEB3-CE53C66BF8EC.jpeg    34.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Neto Ernest B
Berlin, OH, USA   USA
Forgive me if this has already been posted here.

Hemmings - Vanderbuilt Cup

This photo might help show what this is about:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-14 06:34 AM by Neto.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Hall-Scott-rear-view-01.jpg    43 KB
Hall-Scott-rear-view-01.jpg

Racerflash Avatar
Racerflash Bob Gordon
New Orleans, Louisians, USA   USA
Hey, if anyone needs a “larger” inspiration car to scale down, just start with the “Beast of Turin” Fiat!!

Attachments:
0A4FB8E0-DF04-4EF2-8484-9D9C63CBEFC2.jpeg    31.9 KB
0A4FB8E0-DF04-4EF2-8484-9D9C63CBEFC2.jpeg

Notso-Chinsee Avatar
Notso-Chinsee Gold Member Albert Lies
Spokane Valley, Washington (WA), USA   USA
1927 CycleKart American
1938 CycleKart American "Burd Piston Ring Special"
Bob,
How inspired due you think those guys were to cool. For sure I think you could build it 1/2 scale an still have lots of room. Maybe a little short though.

Al Lies
The "Not-So Chinsee" guy

Wingman26 John Owens
Shawnee, OK, USA   USA
I'm surprised you didn't include a video of The Beast of Turin, it is truly a beast!

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK   GBR
It's even better when you see it in the flesh. The bonnnet (hood to the guys on the left side of the Atlantic) has about a 1/2" to spare over the top of the engine and maybe 9" under the sump. Magnificent to be on track at the same time (Small self promotion here)

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
I've considered doing it at some point. I thought I might tuck the engine right where my lower left leg would be,
let my leg go straight down into the belly and have gas and brake on the right. Then you could run the chain drive and have the exhaust right out the side! It'd get warm in there though.

Miloschmitty Avatar
Miloschmitty Todd Manoff
Santa Cruz, CA, USA   USA
That is absolutely fantastic. I laughed all the way through the Video. Between the English narrative and the belching flames.... wow! Amazing!
Can only dream of the opportunity to drive something like that. Totally cool.
Todd

jcny Avatar
jcny Silver Member John Corey
Melrose, NY, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart French "Sam"
Dave D, you're an ANIMAL. I love it!

Builder: John 'the Fierce' Corey, aka Lord Emile Salmson (or Lordy Miles On Some)

jcny Avatar
jcny Silver Member John Corey
Melrose, NY, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart French "Sam"
Todd, I saw it in the flesh at Retromobile in Paris, winter before last. It's truly incredible even to stand near (under/beside) it. Fun fact, Fiat built many huge cars in its early days, some right near here, in Poughkeepsie, NY!

Builder: John 'the Fierce' Corey, aka Lord Emile Salmson (or Lordy Miles On Some)

Miloschmitty Avatar
Miloschmitty Todd Manoff
Indeed John. The early Fiats and American Fiat's were incredible machines. I have never seen a S76 running down the road. Makes me want to dig the speedster out and take it for a spin even in the cold and pouring rain, its no fire belching racing machine but it's still a load fun.
Todd

Attachments:
IMG_0444.JPG    22 KB
IMG_0444.JPG

1908Rick Avatar
1908Rick Rick Eggers
Cape Coral, FL, USA   USA
How big is that engine???
I love his description of pre-turn-of-the-century cars. Flat out at 8 MPH, cruise at 4, break down every 600 yards.

l guess Ford's Quadricycle was ahead of it's time in 1896. It'll go flat out at 15 MPH, cruise at 10, and I've driven it miles without breaking down. Knock on wood.

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
28.3 litres!

Miloschmitty Avatar
Miloschmitty Todd Manoff
My only pre turn of the century machine I have i have to pedal ! Bailey and I have taken the ott-six Caddy on a tour at an alarming 18+ mph rate. Had a water hose burst from the open chain drive whipping against it causing us to loose our water all over the road then the battery came loose and shorted against the radiator tank causing a small fire. But otherwise we successfully caught up with the other Horseless carriages at lunch and had a uneventful return trip. Early cars are the best!
Todd

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1925 CycleKart Speedway Racer

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links