CycleKart Tech Forum

My 1924 Miller 122 Build has started.

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
That's no seat, that's your entire rear suspension!
Better turn her loose on your bodywork too!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Me or the Kart?????hot smiley

I know ....what am I doing in the house???confused smiley
Just waiting for the Frittata to be ready, and finish my gas of wine .....before returning to the CK Shop for a night of "Welding"
Brian

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Whichever gets things going.

Dave
Remember, my original plan was to have suspended seat bottom to protect my 66 yr old back....but that idea was scrapped in favour of this extra padded seat bottom!smiling bouncing smiley
Brian

Attachments:
P6111817.JPG    36.3 KB
P6111817.JPG

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with that cushion.
I've got 3 1/2 " and my kart is famously comfy.

Got back out there late last night for the long awaited grill shell mounting (need to make the grill shell firsteye rolling smiley but that is a minor detail that I have been putting off until other construction details had been solved) and by 1:00 am the lightbulb finally came on as too how I was going implement this task. Material was selected, measurements were checked, lines were drawn, and everything was made ready for the completion of this phase of my build. Work will commence on it first thing this morning..................film at 10:00 as they say!
Good Roads
Brian
PS
Wish I had another month before Tieton, but I will just have to see how much can be crammed into the next 3 days???

Attachments:
P6111813.JPG    41.2 KB
P6111813.JPG

P6111814.JPG    50.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
P6111815.JPG    46.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
1908Rick Avatar
1908Rick Rick Eggers
Cape Coral, FL, USA   USA
Don't sweat it. You'll end up doing something that you'll want to change later. Just go to Tieton with what you have done. There's always next year.

Fired the motor for the first time today! It sounded good and seemed to work flawlessly, starting up on the first pull!smiling bouncing smiley
Did run it through the stock exhaust, I I have not welded up my header just yet.
New air intake seemed to work well, as did the throttle mods.
Good Roads
Brian

PDXBryan Bryan Dickerson
Troutdale, OR, USA   USA
Excellent!

A.J. Foyt Avatar
A.J. Foyt Joey Verpoorten
Battle Ground, WA, USA   USA
I brought my kart the first year in pretty rough form. I'll tell ya this, you will be ahead of the game if you do. Reason being, its a perfect test platform. As with building any custom vehicle your going to change things once it hits real world applications. I changed a few things on my kart before paint and was glad I got to test it at Tieton. If you don't make it don't feel bad, don't shortcut the important items just to get the kart done, you'll regret it and surely don't do it to make us happy.

RROLDSX Randy R
Delta, BC, Canada   CAN
What Joey said, hope you make it with the kart but I’m sure you know by today whether you will or not. I’m leaving this morning so I hope to see you all there tomorrow. I may not have a kart but I’m excited as hell.

In reply to # 33786 by A.J. Foyt I brought my kart the first year in pretty rough form. I'll tell ya this, you will be ahead of the game if you do. Reason being, its a perfect test platform. As with building any custom vehicle your going to change things once it hits real world applications. I changed a few things on my kart before paint and was glad I got to test it at Tieton. If you don't make it don't feel bad, don't shortcut the important items just to get the kart done, you'll regret it and surely don't do it to make us happy.

Hi Joey and Randy
I have just come in from the shop.........shut it down at midnight, after going out there this morning at 5:00 am for a 19 hour work day on the CK . Got lots of hour s in in the past two weeks, but the stars just did not seem to align themselves for me. Everything seemed to take 2 or 3 times longer than I had hoped.
So, your comment was the boost I needed after finally admitting defeat an hour ago.
Don will be here with his CK in 5 hours, and we will be off to Tieton again this year with only one Kart in tow!
I was having a hard time compromising in any way, and am so very please with the Miller build to date......but obviously disappointed not to be bring it to Tieton finished or not?????
I think now it will go into lock down until it is completely finished.
But, I will be at Tieton to cheer everyone on and see old friends an meet new ones while having FUN!
See you all Friday around 2:00 ish.
Good Roads
Brian

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1938 CycleKart American

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links