CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

Knock Offs and Friction Shocks

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK   GBR
Fair comment on the weight loss thread Chris.
I am going to have a go at aluminium casting. The latest issue of Practical Classics has a good article, and there are plenty on You Tube. What I am doing is for the full size Targa Florio car. so I have a bit of bulk to play with, and original parts to replicate.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. Pualic
Bern, Bern, Switzerland   CHE
Hello to all, possibly interesting in a casting of small parts!

The article is written by my good old internet friend Stu Martyn, from Australia.
I have his permission to published everywhere any of his information: articles, plans, sketches, photos, videos - no copyright issues.

However, if somebody re-print that somewhere, it would be nice (obligatory) to mention his name.
He enjoys in teaching other, more than preaching to them but do not like thieves of intellectual and industrial property, the same as thieves of private properties...

Ciao,
Zoran

Zoran R. Pualić
(mostly living in Bern, Swiss & happy in my Belgrade, Serbia)

Attachments:
Epoxy Sand Casting 1.jpg    73.6 KB
Epoxy Sand Casting 1.jpg

Epoxy Sand Casting 2.jpg    74.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Epoxy Sand Casting 3.jpg    71.7 KB
Epoxy Sand Casting 4.jpg    74.9 KB
Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Thanks Zoran, my efforts will be much more amateur! No cores required. I have found an article on how to make "green sand" and a small furnace, crucible source and boxes. IF it works I will share!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
Rhys,

It's a fairly straightforward shape to cast, make sure there's a draw of a few degrees on your pattern, back to front. The feeder needs to be a decent size, into the back of the piece, and you need vent holes. the vent holes don't need to be big, 1.5- 2mm is probably enough, as you're only venting air, but within reason you can't have too many. The number of vents should increase the further away from the feeder you get, and a riser at the furthest point from the feeder is a good idea.

Chris

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Not knock offs Chris.Yes I know about shrinkage, and draw, but thanks anyway.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

2014 CycleKart French

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links