CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

cyclekarts in Georgia?

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ga.bob Bob Taylor
Perry, GA, USA   USA
Hi! New member here. I am in middle GA., And was wondering if there are any members/ racers in my area.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
Welcome Bob, you can try these guys in SC. http://www.cyclekartclub.com/phorum/read.php?5,20214 I don't know how far they are from you but they have a great start and a few carts to look over.

S'all for now!

ga.bob Bob Taylor
Perry, GA, USA   USA
Thank You! I will look them up.

Bob

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
olddirt Jim Stallings
Ringgold, GA, USA   USA
Hi my name is Jim I live in north Georgia south of Chattanooga i have a cyclekart i built last fall.Mine is a 1930 austin seven
Has made alot of interest. Starting to build two more for guys in chattanooga. If you need a rolling chassis i can built it and ship it to you.
i know not everyone has a garage and a welder. Just email me. ( jstallings5565@yahoo.com )

ga.bob Bob Taylor
Perry, GA, USA   USA
Thanks Jim, good to hear that there is someone reasonably close!
I appreciate your offer, but I have 45 years of Welding and fabricating experience. I have my own shop that is well equipped, and have built countless hot rods and Custom Bikes in the past. I am looking forward to building some of these. My son in law wants to get in on this with me, so I know I have to build at least two.
My first build will be based on the Aston Martin Ulster. I have located most of the parts, and will start construction soon. I have also contacted my local SCCA group, to see if Cyclekarts would be allowed in Autocross. That would give me a great local venue for racing and testing. I will get with you to see if we could get together for any events up your way.
Thanks again
Bob

BaronVonKurtz Avatar
BaronVonKurtz Gold Member BaronVonKurtz Belshe
Huntsville, AL, USA   USA
I am very interested in getting a southern group together. I had started on a cyclekart a couple of years ago but never could find the time to work on it.

I started by trying to solve the wheel problem and ended up deciding to design and build my own.
http://www.cyclekartclub.com/member/BaronVonKurtz#journal

I just recently retired (a week ago) and fully intend to get started again.

Count me in. I live in Huntsville AL, home of the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center.

Baron

ga.bob Bob Taylor
Perry, GA, USA   USA
Great! someone else close by!. I just ordered my wheels over the weekend. all used, and in need of powder coating. I built my front axle last week, and got a lot done on my main chassis rails this weekend. Things are going smooth so far, so it might not be long before I can sit in mine and make motor sounds!

Bob

dirtbag Brian O
Dacula, GA, USA   USA
I'm in Dacula, GA (greater Atlanta area) and have been interested in building a cyclekart for years. The only thing holding me back has been a lack of people to race with, as I don't want to build 3-4 just so others can race with me. If there are any nearby events, I would love to know about them!

ga.bob Bob Taylor
Perry, GA, USA   USA
Looks like we have quite a few folks that are not to far apart. I am sure we could meet in a central location to have a CK day, or maybe even a little fun racing. I know of at least one other one being built in my area and probably a few more once the word spreads around here.

Bob

gt350rspeed Avatar
gt350rspeed Christopher Coffman
Spartanburg, SC, USA   USA
1929 CycleKart Great Britain "Charly"
1930 CycleKart French "Carlylou"
I'm glad I saw this post. I'm in Spartanburg SC. I have two completed cyclekarts. Both can be found on any social media and YouTube by searching the hashtag #becausecyclekart I have a few guys up here that want to build and get a club going. As a matter of fact myself and two others had lunch at Fuddruckers Friday to talk things cyclekart and getting a club. There is another guy from Hendersonville NC who is coming down here on the 7th to see my cars and meet some of the other guys who want to build. Also the post palmetto cyclekart club that the guy posted the link to on your page was my post and how I found two of the guys here.

ga.bob Bob Taylor
Perry, GA, USA   USA
Not sure how far Spartanburg is from me, but it cant be that far! I am just a few days away from being finished with my CK. If you get a club started over there, will you be planning any racing, or fun days? I could load up and come that way.

gt350rspeed Avatar
gt350rspeed Christopher Coffman
Spartanburg, SC, USA   USA
1929 CycleKart Great Britain "Charly"
1930 CycleKart French "Carlylou"
Spartanburg is exactly 2 hours from Atlanta straight shot up I85. That's great to hear your cyclekart is almost done. Yes we want to have racing and club events

DriverNameGoesHere Avatar
DriverNameGoesHere Ian Fuller
Atlanta, GA, USA   USA
Hello! I'm new to this community and found this forum, wondering if there's any events or meetings near me? I live in Gwinnett county North of Atlanta. I just learned about this forming of motorsport today and I'm in love. I'd like to see them in action in person before I dive in head first however.

Thanks
Ian

dirtbag Brian O
Dacula, GA, USA   USA
I haven't heard of any local events, but I'm keeping my ears open as well! I personally live in Gwinnett also (Dacula), and I haven't even begun my build because racing without a competitor isn't any fun!

DriverNameGoesHere Avatar
DriverNameGoesHere Ian Fuller
Atlanta, GA, USA   USA
In reply to # 31723 by dirtbag I haven't heard of any local events, but I'm keeping my ears open as well! I personally live in Gwinnett also (Dacula), and I haven't even begun my build because racing without a competitor isn't any fun!

Oh, fairly close by then! Yeah I'm in the exact same boat, I have an idea for what I'd like to build, but I don't want to buy into a project without knowing if I'll get use out of it. What kind of design are you going for with your build?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1925 CycleKart Speedway Racer

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links