CycleKart Tech Forum

Offer to help aspiring builders

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

DoinItWrong Avatar
DoinItWrong Anthony Gurganious
Oak Harbor, Washington (WA), USA   USA
1929 CycleKart Italian "Fiat Gipsy"
I'm not gonna speak for Magic Man, but I'd like to extend an offer to help anyone that would like help with their kart, so long as they're willing to bring it to Whidbey Island. I'm no master builder, but our success this year leads me to think that I have skills that might help someone else with their build. We don't want to change much on the Gipsy, so I won't have much to keep my cycle kart itch scratched between now and next year. We don't use lathes, mills, CNC, waterjet, or other fancy tools. We use grinders, shears, drills, hammers, rivets, and a flux core mig welder. But I want to believe we build solid karts.
So if you wanna drink beers, make sparks and noise, and make something cool, load up and head over.

El Diablo (Anthony Gurganious)
1/2 Owner
1/2 Builder
1/2 Driver
1929 Fiat Gipsy
Team Captain: Team Doin' It Wrong

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Smoky Avatar
Smoky Silver Member Don Schmok
Salmon Arm, BC, Canada   CAN
That's a terrific offer, I hope somebody takes you up on it.

1929 Riley Bitsa

PDXBryan Bryan Dickerson
Troutdale, OR, USA   USA
Damn Anthony!
That's a cool offer! Completely in the real CK spirit.

Hats off to ya'.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
JTremain Avatar
JTremain Justin Tremain
Oak HArbor, WA, USA   USA
Well... I like three things. Building stuff, welding, and drinking beer; so I'm in!

But seriously, I obsess about cyclekarts so the opportunity to help Someone else fuel their passion is absolutely something I'm down with.

Every Friday on the island here, be there!

"Magic Man"
"Cole Trickle"
"NightHawk"
Team Doin It Wrong

1927 Nash Modified: Legion Special

1929 Fiat Gypsy
"The terror of Tieton"
"The 1965 911 of cyclekarts"

PDXBryan Bryan Dickerson
Troutdale, OR, USA   USA
Ha!
You used my quote-"the 1965 911 of cyclelarts"!
That was after you guys so generously let folks take spins in it. It's simple, light, direct and really happy with the tail out!

Thanks again

Wikispeeder Bruce C
Tewksbury, MA, USA   USA
I'd take you up on that offer in a heartbeat, but the intervening 3100 miles makes the commute problematic smiling smiley I really like the idea of building in a group, tho.

JTremain Avatar
JTremain Justin Tremain
Oak HArbor, WA, USA   USA
How could I not use it?!
It's funny, I found the clip I think you were referencing and it turns out I had seen it before! Such a fun video to watch!

Here it is for those that haven't seen it

In reply to # 25146 by PDXBryan Ha!
You used my quote-"the 1965 911 of cyclelarts"!
That was after you guys so generously let folks take spins in it. It's simple, light, direct and really happy with the tail out!

Thanks again

"Magic Man"
"Cole Trickle"
"NightHawk"
Team Doin It Wrong

1927 Nash Modified: Legion Special

1929 Fiat Gypsy
"The terror of Tieton"
"The 1965 911 of cyclekarts"

PDXBryan Bryan Dickerson
Troutdale, OR, USA   USA
Yep,
You nailed it! Driving the Gypsy reminded me of that video. I share that clip as often as I can 'cause it's SO fun to watch and It cracks me up how he just drifts past others wherever there is, or isn't, space. I think much more than 50% of his time cornering is in opposite lock. Such a classic!

littletex Avatar
littletex Blake Martindale
Azle, TX, USA   USA
Anthony,
I just joined this forum I live in Texas now but wanted to let you know I used to live on Sleeper Rd on he north end of the island Sleeper Acres Community. Good to here from someone from my old stomping grounds. Hope someone can use your help cause I definitely will need help but will have to rely on someone a little closer to home best Blake.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1921 CycleKart German

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links