CycleKart Tech Forum

Fastest Cyclekart: Ver 2

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Bow Avatar
Bow Reverend Bow
Yuma, AZ, USA   USA
1929 Morgan 3 Wheeler "BME RIP Special"
I apologize to Jon R for his original thread getting off topic.

Hopefully this one will have better luck.

In reply to # 26008 by Azroddy First let me say this was never intended. I know cyclekarting as a sport was never meant to be a competitive one. But we all know racing started as soon as there was 2 things to race. Well about 2 weeks ago it was asked has anyone gone 50 MPH in their cyclekart. No one has or has proof of it in our group. After a little back and forth the Race to 50 MPH was started.

Christopher Scott Coffman has the lead so far with a GPS app screen shot of 48.18 This is an unofficial speed.

The speed has to be shown on video in the kart by either phone app or Gopro 5 on screen GPS. Either way you have to show a video on our Facebook Group: Arizona Cyclekart club to proove it and get credit. It is open to anyone. One rule is be safe.

In reply to # 26030 by Azroddy I like how this has been taken. I also like how everyone has come up with ways to improve how it should be done.

Ok for an official attempt at the record this is the rules so far.

1. Must be a safe attempt.
This means you wear helmet and all skin is covered, gloves pants, long sleeve. You must have another person there encase of a roll over or crash. Never safe to go fast alone.

2. Stock class is bone stock. How the engine came out of the box. No mod air filter or holes drilled in the stock case. No muffler except the stock muffler and it has to be installed.

3. Modified class. Cyclekart spec engine with allowed mods...

4 An attempt is both directions and the average of the 2 speeds is your speed. Speed is documented by GPS app or Gopro 5 GPS. Speed has to be seen on the video.

5. Must be video recorded and posted at the facebook group, Arizona cyclekart club. Video of the motor showing the mods or lack of mods (stock class} must be in the video. Give some info about the car gearing weight etc. and anything else you want to do to make it fun. Any attempt can be posted even a fail. It is fun to watch and learn from fails.

Hope to keep this thread more on track, as I am not active on Facebook...

So if there are some new results posted for the Unofficial official contest of speed, please post them here.

Bow

Cut it with and Axe, Beat it to Fit, Paint it to Match

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-21 11:02 PM by Bow.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bow Avatar
Bow Reverend Bow
Yuma, AZ, USA   USA
So I'll add mine up here:

The video the screen capture is from...

Bow

Attachments:
48MPH.jpg    25.2 KB
48MPH.jpg

LVW Avatar
LVW Larry Wlliams
Erlanger, KY, USA   USA
First"speed" came into the genre (natural man stuff) now we have rules. There it goes......

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Denny Graham Gold Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Didn't you ever play King of the Mountain when you were a kid Larry???
It's only the natural inclination of all living species to do better that the
next guy, it's in our DNA.
I'm just a little guy too, so I never made it to the top of the hill, but the
game was still always fun.
dg

Bow Avatar
Bow Reverend Bow
Yuma, AZ, USA   USA
In reply to # 26172 by LVW First"speed" came into the genre (natural man stuff) now we have rules. There it goes......

There are rules at Bonneville too... a lot of them...

you have to put some basic limits on it, or the typical inbred redneck with go, "well hell, that's easy... throw a 350 in it..."

If you want to bitch and complaint, please start your own thread and attempt to keep this on topic.

Bow

LVW Avatar
LVW Larry Wlliams
Erlanger, KY, USA   USA
Yep but I didn't walk into the middle of a game and tell everyone that I was there to change the rules.

Notso-Chinsee Avatar
Notso-Chinsee Gold Member Albert Lies
Spokane Valley, Washington (WA), USA   USA
1927 CycleKart American
1938 CycleKart American "Burd Piston Ring Special"
The only thing everyone in this group has to do is contribute in a meaningful way. It’s about the enjoyment of building and driving your own creation. In several of the threads we are not there and it’s getting old.

Al Lies
The "Not-So Chinsee" guy

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
I'm not sure I understand the dispute.
Surely we need some baseline standards if we are to compare record attempts.
Does anyone really advocate a no limit approach?

Bow Avatar
Bow Reverend Bow
Yuma, AZ, USA   USA
Basic guidelines for different classes...

I don't see a problem with it, like all other record attempts, there are different records for different classes.

Even Bonneville isn't "Run What You Brung"... you have a certain size engine, or certain modifications, you get put in certain class to keep the apples with the apple and oranges with the oranges...

Step 1:to even play in this contest... you need a cyclekart...

Step 2: worry about engine limitations and other stuff after you complete step 1

Bow

Notso-Chinsee Avatar
Notso-Chinsee Gold Member Albert Lies
Spokane Valley, Washington (WA), USA   USA
1927 CycleKart American
1938 CycleKart American "Burd Piston Ring Special"
I don't see it as composition but there needs to be a baseline set of rules for sure without that there is no measure of improvment.

Al Lies
The "Not-So Chinsee" guy

Bow Avatar
Bow Reverend Bow
Yuma, AZ, USA   USA
Exactly Al!

Even in Go cart racing there are different classes...

One of then being "Box Stock"...

That means no aftermarket muffler, air box, and governor installed...

And other classes for modifications above that.

If there isn't any limits, then the fool with the most money will be the guy with the title, and that isn't right

Bow

carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
How about this, if you make an attested run and show your recorded speed then list your performance level. This would include engine stage and gearing.

The whole speed run thing will then start to write it's own rules.

Something like, I ran 40 mph with a stock clone engine 196cc, with a 12/72 gear set. (Just an example)

S'all for now!

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Alright then. So what is to be the upper engine mod limit? Stage 1 has been the loosely agreed upon limit for a while. So loosely agreed upon that many karts are at stage 2, and I suspect some my be even hotter. What can be used, beyond the honor system to keep the thousand dollar engines out of it?
If we don't, well then the Fool with his deep pockets will end up with the record. Until the next one comes
along, that is.

Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
I personally like the loosely set guidelines, and that this a "Gentlemen's Game" with 50 mph being the rough limit that the size, weight, and stability of our creations, allows us to run specific courses that make us feel like we are running on the edge of disaster anyways.
There is really no need to see who can push there specific machine to the highest speed.......UNLESS as I have said before here on the Forum, we introduce a Bonneville style event for those that want to build to that end!
Driver skills and balls should be the determining factor in the type of racing we are currently doing with these little CycleKarts.
And as Dave said ...."Not the Fool with the most Money".
Until introduced to CycleKarts, I never had any interest in racing because of that simple fact that "He who has the most money wins!"
Good Roads
Woody

Smoky Avatar
Smoky Silver Member Don Schmok
Salmon Arm, BC, Canada   CAN
I'm about to upgrade to a stage one kit. I would be interested in a before and after top speed.

I'll give some thought about where I could do this.

My Garmin GPS runs on battery for several hours after a full charge. Just put it in a pocket, and go for a ride.

1929 Riley Bitsa

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1925 CycleKart Speedway Racer

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links