CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

Cycle kart plans

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Lordchops Joshua Malson
Dittmer, MO, USA   USA
Hi everyone,

I am new to the world of cycle karts and I am eager to build my first one, but I am having trouble finding plans for the different carts. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction. I am looking to build one for myself and both of my son's so we have something else to do together.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dBlast Avatar
dBlast Vince De Blasi
Maple, ON, Canada   CAN
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Vince pointed you in the right direction.
That thread is as about as good as it gets for "Plans"thumbs up
There are no two "owner built cyclekarts" in the world that are exactly alike, that is what makes it so much Fun!
Good Roads
Woody

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-18 02:22 PM by Woodysrods.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bow Avatar
Bow Reverend Bow
Yuma, AZ, USA   USA
1929 Morgan 3 Wheeler "BME RIP Special"
Plans?

What are plans for?

Get a bunch of metal and start cutting and welding until it looks like the Cyclekart you have pictured in your head...

Bow

Cut it with and Axe, Beat it to Fit, Paint it to Match

SteveV Avatar
SteveV Steve Vinson
Phoenix, AZ, USA   USA
1924 Ford Model T "Viscount Vinson Special"
1927 CycleKart American "Mono Wasp"
Feel free to use these or modify to fit your build.

Cheers!

Steve Vinson
Arizona CycleKart Club

Design-Build-Race-Repeat

Attachments:
Viscount Vinson Frame.jpg    23.2 KB
Viscount Vinson Frame.jpg

Viscount Vinson Body.jpg    17.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Viscount Vinson Axle.jpg    16.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
LowellR Silver Member Lowell Roemke
Tempe, AZ, USA   USA
Steve's plans are a good point to start. Another thing I learned from watching Dennis Thomas' videos is to buy a roll of that 36" wide brown paper in the painting department at Home Depot. Figure the tires will be 22" OD. Do a full size layout of the frame on your paper and see things that will change your mind as you go along. Half the fun of building these CycleKarts is being creative with your own style. If you need to know the size of the sprockets, brake rotors, etc,, we can provide those details.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-18 05:53 PM by LowellR.

Dave 46 Robert Davison
Toppenish, WA, USA   USA
Thanks for sharing the drawings Steve. That will give the basic perimeters to go by.

From what I have read so far it comes down to:
Wheelbase within the min/max
Tread width within the same min.max specs

Weight has to be above a certain minimum.

Motor has to be the specified Honda model or a similar clone. Clone being the HF unit I'd think.
Wheels and tires have to be a specific size.

I'm still studying body height, width and length but I would say width for the most part needs to fit the driver the kart is built for an should be somewhat comfortable for other potential drivers within reason.

Not to be forgotten is the "should resemble a vintage race car.". If you look at the photos some of us took at Tieton last summer some of the cars are instantly recognizable as being modeled after certain vintage gran prix cars or other race cars from the 1920's or 1930's. Some are less accurate and may have a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang feel to them. One's design and skill levels come in to play there and from what I see that encompasses everything from rank beginner to highy skilled folks who may have an engineering degree stashed in the file cabinet along with mega skills.

I'd suggest one thing, go to the big box lumber store of choice and buy a few boards close to the same size as the tubing the frame needs to be made of and mock up your frame with it. It is a whole lot less expensive to cut up a few cheap boars to come up with frame measurements that work and figure out certain elements than start cutting a stick of tubing in hope you got it right.

JhonaRafael Jonathan Bernart
Ca├žador, SC, Brazil   BRA
Hi friends, good afternoon. I work with car renovations and always wanted to do my cyclekart. but I am now beginning to know the pages and tals. Could it be that someone would show you how to do it, if only to get some doubts. By youtube or here in the forum. Please, excuse me, thank you!

SteveV Avatar
SteveV Steve Vinson
Phoenix, AZ, USA   USA
1924 Ford Model T "Viscount Vinson Special"
1927 CycleKart American "Mono Wasp"
Jonathan,

For You Tube videos, start with searching for Dennis Thomas's channel. He has many very good build videos.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCh0MOBj4QLAYsl4XsfXHfWA

Steve Vinson
Arizona CycleKart Club

Design-Build-Race-Repeat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-31 03:39 PM by SteveV.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1932 CycleKart American

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links