We're back! New secure web server is online   Read More
CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

Racing Weight

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Wouldn't have anything to do with that tasty looking dark beverage in your hand???smileys with beer
I am hoping the flu I have will make up for my indiscretions the past couple of weeks!eye rolling smiley
Brian

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Martin HL Avatar
Martin HL Martin Hill Lonergan
Armstrong, BC, Canada   CAN
Don, you forgot to iron the rest of your shirt?

Woodysrods Brian Woods
After a couple of weeks of avoiding the scales (as I knew I was being bad) I am back on track now that we are home.
Monday morning weigh in Feb. 12th ..........202 Lbs.
Down 13 Lbs since start of year!
123 days until Tieton.
Brian

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Bitalli Vitaliy Koyy
Bathgate, West Lothian, UK   GBR
Brian

Just listen to reverend. No carbs is the only way to go to avoid frustration.

I am 43 and after only 2 months of keto and irregular exercise I can do the same amount of pull ups on the bar as when I was at university competition. And I used to win that part hands down (sorry hands up)

Kind regards Vitaliy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-13 05:21 AM by Bitalli.

Denny Graham Silver Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
But then again Brian......as the vast majority of the regulars on the forum are
always preaching, it doesn't matter who wins, it's "not a "competition".....it doesn't
pay to be aggressive and displaying a strong desire to be more successful than
others is a detriment around here. Cuz they're only in it for the fun and sometimes,
"the guy that finishes last is the winner."
So......dine away and enjoy that stein of Moosehead....flash a smile as the parade passes
you by. And as long as you can squeeze under the tiller, it's OK, remember.... in Cyclekarting,
you're only supposed to be in it for the fun of it.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-13 05:56 AM by Denny Graham.

Bitalli Vitaliy Koyy
Bathgate, West Lothian, UK   GBR
Fair point Denny.

Kind regards Vitaliy

Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1954 Chevrolet 3600
I forgot to add.....that last bit does not necessarily reflect my opinion.
Although I'm not personally a competitive person by nature, I do
recognize that "attribute" in others and think it's quite natural for
the survival of any species.
I don't enjoy competing against others probably cuz I'm a sore looser
and being a little guy, I always seemed to loose....but I do get pleasure
from matching my knowledge and my skills, against my self.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Woodysrods Brian Woods
In reply to # 29770 by Denny Graham
Although I'm not personally a competitive person by nature, I do
recognize that "attribute" in others and think it's quite natural for
the survival of any species.
Said the Scorpion to the Frog.tongue sticking out smiley
Brian

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"

In reply to # 29768 by Denny Graham But then again Brian......as the vast majority of the regulars on the forum are
always preaching, it doesn't matter who wins, it's "not a "competition".....it doesn't
pay to be aggressive and displaying a strong desire to be more successful than
others is a detriment around here. Cuz they're only in it for the fun and sometimes,
"the guy that finishes last is the winner."
So......dine away and enjoy that stein of Moosehead....flash a smile as the parade passes
you by. And as long as you can squeeze under the tiller, it's OK, remember.... in Cyclekarting,
you're only supposed to be in it for the fun of it.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL
For the life of me, I do not know who this vast majority, or even minority of regulars are who preach
any such thing. Such a belief only exists in the obscure fringes at this point. At any event I've been to, you'd have to look hard to find a stock engine. Why bother having $300 tied up in a Predator when $100 is quite satisfactory? Yet, MOST do.

Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Jeez Dave, I must really be interpreting the wrong meaning in what I've been reading for the
last year and a half since I joined the group. Those were quotes from past threads, not my
words. And according to certain winners, they are completely stock, honest injun !!!
I still think......and ya taint gonna change me mind....that there should be a Minimum weight
at these, if I may call them this, at these sanctioned events. Setting a maximum limit just simply
makes no sense to me. All more weight does is make the kart that much less competitive.
dg

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Ok, Denny.
The evening is young, so let's take this thing apart. I don't even think Brian will mind the highjack, cause this topic needs the spark. Besides, how much more Fat talk do we need at the moment.
First, the max weight thing escapes me too. A heavy kart is a Dog. Who wants that? Self regulating.
Now, I know there ARE guys who say that performance is way down the priority list, and that parading around in a considerate manner, in a rolling car show of sorts MUST be what it's all about. The thing is, they are not the guys who actually show up and participate in any number. I hate to bust anyone's fantasy ideal at the risk of
stoking your competitive juices, but in my limited track experience almost every guy I've lined up with has raced me fairly hard. Not recklessly. No holds barred stupidity is not prerequisite to sporting competition These are 250lb open wheel cars, for Gods sake! Driving them fast in a group, if you don't respect what serious contact means, I don't want you out there with me. These are not gokarts with 6" wheels, or
midgets with knerf bars. The potential to go airborne is always present, along with a host of other grim prospects none of us wants to dwell on. But enough of that kind of talk.
Let's hear from the gallery now. Sound off with your hopes and fears for the next time you run in a crowd, if you do. But be honest. Remember, I'VE seen a lot of you out there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-14 12:16 AM by CmdBentaxle.

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Go Dave Go!
I have just come in from my first day back out in the shop after a nasty flu that curtailed my
plans for a great CK work weekend. But, after a long weekend abusing my Forum privileges, I got out there
handmade good progress. Welded pieces (I had previously fabricated) into place, and fabricated more.
I know......without pictures it did not happen? But, honest I was out there for 11 hours and did get something done!

But, I have to get back to this thread, As I am "Loving: where it is going!
Went to bed too early to catch Dave's late night comments and personal email, but the night is young now!

Yes Denny, I can attest to the competitiveness there is at Tieton.
No the motors are not stock! There are a couple that were stock , only because they were new or fresh and had not had time to install their Stage One kits.

And out on the course.....I alway remember back to my First time at the Tieton Grand Prix.
I did the walk, listened to there rules, observed the obstacles that were pointed out to us, learned the Marshals and signals,
and kept repeating the #1 rule...."you must make eye contact with the Marshal at every corner"?????
The "Parade Lap" was the first time I had ever driven a CycleKart (as Vic Chose to let me do the first 3 laps so he cold make up the time
I was sure to lose. I was starting on the pole as a Rookie and had two of the fastest and most seasoned veteran behind me in row two.
When the pace car pulled of and we got the checkered flag dropped, I knew I was going to have only one speed. As fast as that Kart could go with my foot pinned to the floor......I did have a small stratagy as to how I was going to enter and leave the 6 corners on the course.
But on corner # 2 in the first lap, when the two pro's behind me both blew by me like I had stoped.....everything in my head went right out the window. I just kept that thing pinned and drove the line of the fast guy in front of me.........never even noticed there were Marshals on the course after making eye contact with the last one in turn # 2 while being passed.
To make this long story short, I pitted with the 2 pro's on my third lap as scheduled about a 1/2 a lap ahed of the rest of the field.
Vic got in and did manage to get one of them in lap 4, but almost rolled on turn fo4 of his second lap and was "Black Flagged"
That is when I too realized these things are no "GoKarts" .......they will tip! And after the display that the "Poster Car" put on,
passing pit row on two weeks for a good 1/2 block trying to be too fast on corner 6, it was evident that how much mayhem and disruption
was within that extra inch?????
This IS "REAL" racing.
With little safety gear.........as it was for hose who drove our inspiration cars, back in the lory Days of the 20's and 30's.
Now see what you have gone an done Dave!
Brian
PS
Looking forward to driving my own CK in the 2018 season!
Lets go Racing!

Woodysrods Brian Woods
This was Vic's CK in 2016.
Checkered flag had just dropped......1 was officially the first one to be in first place at the 2016 Tieton Grand Prix (as it was the first heat)
.............how is that for grasping at straws????
Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-13 11:08 PM by Woodysrods.

Attachments:
Tieton Grand Prix 2016 048.jpg    57.6 KB
Tieton Grand Prix 2016 048.jpg

Woodysrods Brian Woods
The kart still had both sides of the body, brakes, throttle cable, steering and Bothe front wheels........all things that fell off as the weekend progressed.
It was so much Fun!
Thanks again Vic for the opportunity to create some great new memories!
Never to be forgotten.
Brian

Attachments:
Tieton Grand Prix 2016 036.jpg    65.7 KB
Tieton Grand Prix 2016 036.jpg

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Hi Dave
Now that you are back on line.
The one thing I forgot to mention in my ramble.
The 250 Lb Max .........I have always considered that as a "Misprint" and use it as the Target weight.
Almost everyone at Tieton is around that number or above.
Only a few manage to stay below.
I believe Rhys was the weight winner last year at 203 ????
Sub 200 is a very lofty goal!
Brian

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1930 CycleKart Speedway Racer

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links