CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

New member Ed

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

farmkart Ed J
Armstrong, BC, Canada   CAN
Hi guys I am ED a new member.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
farmkart Ed J
smileys with beer Hi Martin

Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
smileys with beer Hi Martin
from Brian
So Ed is online!thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-15 03:09 PM by Woodysrods.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
1908Rick Avatar
1908Rick Rick Eggers
Cape Coral, FL, USA   USA
So.... Ed. Are you building a cycle kart or something?

farmkart Ed J
i Hi 1908 Rick Yes I am building a kart. I have most of the frame done and am making the motor mount. I plan to do the body in aluminum I just going to wing it and make it look old.I may post picks after I learn how to. Ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-16 03:18 PM by farmkart.

Martin HL Avatar
Martin HL Martin Hill Lonergan
Hey Ed, nice intro, be seeing ya soon

farmkart Ed J
Hi guys I know I saw a drawing of a front axel someone posted but I can't find it now. Any help would be welcome. Thanks Ed

Martin HL Avatar
Hey Ed
It's/they're on here somewhere. I've still not learnt to navigate the site properly, however, if you Google cyclekart front axle and go to images, they all pretty much lead back to this site. Just scroll through the images till you get to the one you want and click the link (usually below the image).

Looks like my tires I was intending to purchase here won't work out so cheap after all. Not having a car here and the guy being in the middle of no where doesn't help. I did buy some rim tapes to protect the inner tube, £2 each = about $3.70. No gst or pst. The width of them seems smaller than I was expecting though. Guess it only has to cover the spoke tops though.

2 1/2 weeks left now, well as long as we don't get called back out to bob around on the Oggin again, who knows how long I'll be if we do.

Laters

Martin

In reply to # 28806 by farmkart Hi guys I know I saw a drawing of a front axel someone posted but I can't find it now. Any help would be welcome. Thanks Ed

Hi Ed
I think the drawing you are looking for is from Al in Spokane or Charles Schultz???
Brian
PS
Martin.....Peter over in Creston just got some great looking tires from a motorcycle shop in Cranbrook for reasonable price.

So Ed
Is Laura home yet to help you download all those pictures you have been taking to share with the CycleKart world?winking smiley
Brian

farmkart Ed J
Hi guys This is me going for a sunday drive. I was thinking of using the wheels for my cycle kart?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-28 10:00 PM by farmkart.

Attachments:
DSC02955.JPG    57 KB
DSC02955.JPG

fatfendertruck Tony Sanchez
Show Low, AZ, USA   USA
You wouldn`t have to worry about a flat tire.

Martin HL Avatar
Guessing ya must be knocking down the brush to make a cyclekart track eh Ed - wait a minute - wheres the snow?
No? that's a pre cycklekart photo - Cheater.

Okay Ed
You have had a week to catch up while I was away.........so I am expecting big things when you post progress report pictures.
Have you started a separate thread with a name for your CK.
Our American brothers are also expecting a big showing from the Canadian Team (s) this year at Tieton!thumbs upsmiling smileysmileys with beer
And remember, that Englishman will be home soon trying to show us up!drinking smiley
Good Roads
Brian

Martin HL Avatar
Hey Brian, don't worry about being shown up - I'll let you bask in my glowwinking smiley
Carols part time job has taken on a full time aspect for all of February so that should have given me time in the shop to get all but the body done (that's what I was hoping) "but" where I should have been home this Wednesday it looks as though I'll not be home till near the end of February. On top of that it looks as though I'll be on a short leave as well.
Daughters grad in mid June so working towards being there for that. But the "but" but is, I'll be home in July and hopefully Tieton bound with you guys, wifey in tow.

Martin

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1924 CycleKart Replica

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links