AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Maigret Luc L
Senlisse, Yvelines, France   FRA
Yes Rhys,
Good idea !
Done,
Luc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-09 07:28 AM by Maigret.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
Thanks Luc, that could be one of the most useful things posted for some time, I downloaded it straight away..

Chris

Maigret Luc L
Senlisse, Yvelines, France   FRA
Attention please ! cool smiley
I noticed that one important drawing concerning the driving positions for different types of cars (sedan, sports ...) is not in this free version.
You'll find it here.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wJOVXln2isw/TgcyNJhNHEI/AAAAAAAAAAw/Vy7XsJXJXZY/s1600/Picture4.jpg

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
littletex Avatar
littletex Blake Martindale
Azle, TX, USA   USA
Little Tex Here,
Thanks luc Still trying to interpret all the numbers but I see valuable information in it I'm getting a good idea about seating position now.

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
I recommend a cheap lumber cockpit mockup to make sure it works for you.

littletex Avatar
littletex Blake Martindale
Azle, TX, USA   USA
Little Tex Here,
I have been out for a while due to medical stuff thank goodness I don't have the big C in my lung but still have issues with the lung. Thanks to mobile devises kept an eye on the goings on around here. And now that I'm back home I can get back to fiddling with my kart. I see some folks going like gangbusters kicking a$$ and taking names. Kinda makes me feel like I'm sitting still on progress but it has given me a spurt of motivation to get out in the garage and get something done. Started working on my frame rails today , about half way done got some more to cut out of ply. Sticking to my original plan of 3 layers of 5 ply wood shaped to mimic the miller frame design. Then need to epoxy it all together forming kinda like an engineered beam should be plenty strong while still being just flexible enough not to create to rough or stiff a ride. When I get the pieces all cut out and start to bond the together I'll try to get some pictures and put them up. Wish I had more progress to report but as it's plenty hot here now in Texas makes it hard to work for any length of time. Plus working with wood for every one hour I do something I have to spend twice as much time cleaning up just an inherit drawback but I'll take it Well till further progress that's it for now thank's for the shot in the arm of motivation fellas lets hope I can keep it up Little Tex.

A.J. Foyt Avatar
A.J. Foyt Joey Verpoorten
Battle Ground, WA, USA   USA
Might I recommend the Total Boat Epoxy system for the epoxy over the wood. Its the same system I used on my kart. For the money it was a great product. I would HIGHLY recommend to toss the stupid pumps. I had fits with mine and ended up using paint mixing cups form my local auto body paint store. At the cost of .42 cents a pop it was cheaper to mix and throw away, rather then buy a solvent to clean. Of course you can go that route and clean the cups. If you use any fiberglass, I would also recommend a 6oz. cloth for the ease of working with and its flexibility. A heavy cloth would work great for flat surfaces, but those are typically wood and don't need it. I did end up glassing my plywood with 2 layers of cloth. Just my few cents worth of knowledge. Here is a link to my kart build page if ya haven't seen it. you can see the Total Boat system and my process for making the curves of the body with foam. Body starts near the bottom of page 4.

https://www.cyclekartclub.com/phorum/read.php?2,7257

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1930 CycleKart Great Britain

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links