CKC

CycleKart Tech Forum

Interesting GoKart Parts Supplier Visit

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Today I took some time off from my CycleKart build to visit the Local Go Kart Parts Supplier to check out parts for the "Drift Trike" I hope to build after the CK.
What an eye opener!
These GoKart guys have some serious sh.t going on??confused smiley And so many cool parts!!
The owner was and avid GoKart Racer and showed me his latest build that is capable of speeds up to 160 mph.tongue sticking out smileyeye popping smiley
The motors he had in stock were mind boggling.
He told me the standard Motor for GoKart racing is a Briggs and Stratton 205 cc c/w slide type carb at around $900.00 Can. $ which is not that much more than a real Honda 200 GX here in Canada??
Says they are fast and reliable.
He had 2 cycle 100 cc motors that turn 16,000 RPMs that were in the $5500.00 range (again Can. $)
No wonder we are building CKs to have some quality fun without breaking the bank......or something else??????
Brian
https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-HP-Briggs-Stratton-Go-Kart-Mini-Bike-Racing-Engine-/110598561663

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-06 09:52 PM by Woodysrods.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Smoky Avatar
Smoky Silver Member Don Schmok
Salmon Arm, BC, Canada   CAN
Where is this place? Surely not the guy I went to last year?

1929 Riley Bitsa

Denny Graham Gold Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
That is cool, by the time you modify a Predator (which is somewhat hard to find parts for) you
would have dang near that much invested.
If the factory is claiming 6200 rpm out of the box then it obviously already has a better made
flywheel. A hunert bucks U.S. sounds orful tempting for those Predators. Heck, so tempting
that whenever they went under $99 for the hemi's I bought another spare, which put four of
then on the shelf for the next kart and backup. But, to get one to run over 6k reliably, a
billet flywheel, rod, piston, cam, valve, springs and rocker and a MicunI carb puts you
right up there with the cost of that box stock Briggs racing engine.
That Briggs base engine by the way is the engine that's on the log splitter I bought last year.
Runs and starts great and I've hardly ever had it over half throttle, even when splitting the
biggest, toughest, gnarliest hardwood logs.
It would be nice for us back here on the American Continent to find an affordable reliable
engine again that was not built off shore.
I wonder how the Gitterville bunch would react to some of those showing up at Tieton?
Tks Brian for the heads up.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
tiopancho Avatar
tiopancho Silver Member David Dahl
Swansea Point, BC, Canada   CAN
When I was racing karts I ran a Parilla motor that would turn 16000, usually just before it seized. This was twenty years ago!

Smoky Avatar
Smoky Silver Member Don Schmok
Salmon Arm, BC, Canada   CAN
We had the Yamaha 100cc 2-stroke, with the exhaust temp gauge right in front of you, and a big mixture adjuster at your right elbow, tried to keep it just out of the red zone, fun times. Sprint Kart.

1929 Riley Bitsa

Hobbyists 57 Avatar
Hobbyists 57 James Fabry
Cherry Hill, NJ, USA   USA
In reply to # 30795 by Smoky We had the Yamaha 100cc 2-stroke, with the exhaust temp gauge right in front of you, and a big mixture adjuster at your right elbow, tried to keep it just out of the red zone, fun times. Sprint Kart.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1938 CycleKart German

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links