CycleKart Tech Forum

Frames

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Frames
Hobbyists 57 Avatar
Hobbyists 57 James Fabry
Cherry Hill, NJ, USA   USA
I am wanting to start my first cart and do not wield does anyone know where I can buy a complete frame with front suspension pleaseptic e-mail me at j.fabry1205@comcast.net thanose everyone.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
LVW Avatar
LVW Larry Wlliams
Erlanger, KY, USA   USA
Why not go with wood?

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Or nuts and bolts? What is your tool inventory look like?
If it's more centered around woodwork, I'd stick with wood anyway.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Martin HL Avatar
Martin HL Martin Hill Lonergan
Armstrong, BC, Canada   CAN
Do you have a local machine shop or a place that does welding near? Ask ya buddies if they or anyone they know whom welds. You never know

easter118 Avatar
easter118 Michael Easter
Wytheville, VA, USA   USA
Try your local High School sometime they have a shop class that will do projects, they may charge a small fee, but well worth it.

Mike Easter

Speeddemon Avatar
Speeddemon Louis Poleet (Suspended)
Roslindale, MA, USA   USA
1970 CycleKart Custom "Rose"
Hi James Google speedy metals welding shop its in your area to hav a frame made for you or if your handy buy 2x3 ash/oak and make a frame or buy some steel pipe or angle iron and drill and nut /bolt or hav it welded together or buy a cheapo $100 chin no flux mig welder off fleabay or from haborfreight and weld one up after you watch some mig welding tutorials on utubey . Also check out build thread.. American underslung cyclecar and wood frame thread in custom karts section. gd luck..cheers

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-13 11:50 AM by Speeddemon.

Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
This may be the perfect thread to introduce this recently acquired information.hot smiley
Although I was going to wait and do a tutorial on the modifications required to convert a Ducati Motorcycle shipping
crate into a "CycleKart Chassis" for releasing this information!
Yes, I said shipping crate!eye rolling smiley
These are light weight, have almost everything you need in a frame already welded together nicely, so dimensionally spot on for a cyclekart you will hardly believe it, and the biggest thing is ......they are "Free" salvage from most Ducati dealerships that are located across the country or around the world. So there should be one close by to most cyclekart builders to access.

I will post pictures, and if I can steal the time away from my CK I will do a conversion tutorial for both transverse mounted front spring CK and
elliptical spring style.
I picked up a bunch of these crates, plus a bunch of tubing, both round and square that comes with these crates. All thin wall and light!
Stay tunned.
Brian

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Now this, I've got to see!

In reply to # 30870 by CmdBentaxle Now this, I've got to see!
Dave
You won't believe this!
Could be the future for those with limited welding skills.
Brian

SteveV Avatar
SteveV Steve Vinson
Phoenix, AZ, USA   USA
1924 Ford Model T "Viscount Vinson Special"
1927 CycleKart American "Mono Wasp"
I can build you a frame, but the shipping from Arizona to New Jersey will probably be pretty expensive.

Option: I have a very nice drawing of what my frame is, you are welcome to copy it and take it to a welder/ fabricator in your area....this is what they do every day. They can probably make it a lot cheaper than what I would have to charge plus freight.

Steve Vinson
Arizona CycleKart Club

Design-Build-Race-Repeat

Attachments:
Viscount Vinson Frame.jpg    23.2 KB
Viscount Vinson Frame.jpg

Viscount Vinson Axle.jpg    16.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Viscount Vinson Body.jpg    17.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Speeddemon Avatar
Ditto dave ..the microwave popcorn is on standby. Along with a cold six pack. We both be waiting on woody.to post that one ... Maybe afterwards ill think about posting .. how to build.. low buck /low tech/ easy peasy universal ck frame outa black gas pipe and fitings from homedepot . cheers

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-13 12:04 PM by Speeddemon.

In reply to # 30875 by Speeddemon Ditto dave ..the microwave popcorn is on standby. Along with a cold six pack. We both be waiting on woody.to post that one ... Maybe afterwards ill think about posting .. how to build.. low buck /low tech/ easy peasy universal ck frame outa black gas pipe and fitings from homedepot . cheers

Have "you" built a CycleKart frame yet?
Black gas pipe is way to "Heavy" .......that would just be insane!
Brian

Speeddemon Avatar
Ya ive have made and modded many frames over the years from go kart /minibike /cyclekart/motorcycle/boardtracker/midget car /truck/hot rod/etc . And na its not insane ! or be too heavy in weight depends on size of pipe 3/4 to 1 inch . you and anyone hav used for ck frames. Compared In weight to say using 2x3/ 1x3. 1/4.. 1/16 1/8 wall steel tubing woody

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-13 02:37 PM by Speeddemon.

In reply to # 30879 by Speeddemon Ya ive have made many frames over and he years from go kart /minibike /cyclekart/motorcycle/boardtracker/midget car /truck/hot rod/etc . And na its not insane ! or be too heavy in weight depends on size of pipe 3/4 to 1 inch you use for ck frame. Compared weight to say using 2x3/ 1x3. 1/4.. 1/16 wall steel tubing woody
I saw "Cyclekart" in your list, but have yet to see a picture of said cyclekart?
Trust me "Gas Pipe" is too heavy! Chrome Moly tubing.....yes!
But the difference between tubing and black gas pipe, is like comparing Cadillacs to VW Beetles.
Sorry!
Just is what it is! It it is nor fair to newbies to mislead them.
Brian

Speeddemon Avatar
Not misleading any newbies ther woody and ya Its diff idea using gas pipe compared to using chrome moly tubing. but can it be done inexpensively and quickly to say using chromemoly tubing and can be put together without a welder and without any welding experience and be lite on ther wallets and be easy to build a ck frame outa that for any newbie . And as far pic's of stuff ive built over the years that shzt in storage bro . Cheers

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-13 02:57 PM by Speeddemon.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1931 CycleKart Replica

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links