CycleKart Tech Forum

Spindles

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
Zoran,

I've recently posted a table of the various bores available for the 35mm and 37mm O/D bearings, it might be useful to you in giving you options for spindle sizes, it's in the drawings thread.

Chris

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Speeddemon Avatar
Speeddemon Louis Poleet (Suspended)
Roslindale, MA, USA   USA
1970 CycleKart Custom "Rose"
As researching many ck builds on here the front axles on many ck's have to much drop on them more than a normal 3 inch drop they should have when first designed. witch is putting to much load/stress on your spindles hub bolt/welded joint/etc that's a major design flaw there and the design /etc of ya spindles thats problem number 2 .and also using knock off chin/Taiwan spindles is problem number 3 there's a.easy solution to fix the problem of busting ya spindles/etc.. see above and below pictures. Tipo/hint Redesign both axle and spindles. cheers

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-13 10:15 AM by Speeddemon.

Attachments:
2018-04-13-11-03-40--2053479304.jpg    3.5 KB
2018-04-13-11-03-40--2053479304.jpg

images-3.jpg    9.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
images-4.jpg    9.4 KB
images-5.jpg    7.6 KB
Carty McCartFace Robert J
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 32369 by Speeddemon As researching many ck builds on here the front axles on many ck's have to much drop on them more than a normal 3 inch drop they should have when first designed. witch is putting to much load/stress on your spindles that's a major design flaw there and the design /etc of ya spindles thats problem number 2 .and also using knock off chin/Taiwan spindles is problem number 3 there's a.easy solution to fix the problem of busting ya spindles/etc.. see above and below pictures. Tipo/hint Redesign both axle and spindles. cheers

So, now we should cast and machine our own spindles? And, how do you propose these solve the problems? Do you even know what problems have been identified, and the solutions proposed? Will these spindles have materially stronger axles? Axle attachments?

Dude. Go build something.

Your post is devoid of valueable information. It is an assortment of slanders against random cart designs and parts, and some random links from the web.

Also, if you use complete sentences, people may understand what it is you’re trying to say. The deliberate (I hope) misspellings and abbreviations are not charming, they are confusing.

The point of a forum is to communicate, not garner attention.

Peace,
Robert

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Speeddemon Avatar
Dude go Read/research and let infomative info sink in and go finish building your pedal car Robert. Pce and hav a nice day..cheers

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-13 10:30 AM by Speeddemon.

Neto Ernest B
Berlin, OH, USA   USA
The amount of drop in an axle design has no bearing on the amount of stress placed on the spindle (stub axle). The main consideration with the amount of drop has to do with scrub line - the point at which a flat tire would allow the under-carriage to come into contact with the road way. (Although it would seem good to me to stay a bit above the literal scrub line, because of humps and/or debris in the road way. I came up over a hill in Minnesota in my 62 Chrysler, and suddenly there was a heaved spot in the blacktop right in front of me. I had to decide to swerve, hit it with one tire or the other, or straddle it. I straddled it, and I hit it with the main front cross-member. The whole car hesitated for an instant, before it sheared the top off of the blacktop, and went on. And I was running 15" wheels on a car that was designed with 14" wheels.)

Carty McCartFace Robert J
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 32371 by Speeddemon Dude go Read/research and let infomative info sink in and go finish building your pedal car Robert. Pce and hav a nice day..cheers

Dude,

I DID do research, which I how I designed the spindles for my pedal car. They still need the final angle and shape of the steering arms determined when all the wheels are in their final positions, but that’s small matter.

And, I AM building a car. I’m making brackets and rivets, still, and finalizing the body frame shapes. Also, I’m laying out the steering wheel.

So...

Peace,
Robert

Attachments:
AD1E1A0A-E341-4754-BA21-BCD750B9843E.jpeg    38 KB
AD1E1A0A-E341-4754-BA21-BCD750B9843E.jpeg

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Robert, it is hopeless!

chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
Robert, responding to Louis is a waste of time and effort, I know it's difficult sometimes, occasionally he puts up something promising, but it always degenerates into begging for money, and / or abuse. I've decided he's best ignored.

Chris

Dan Lockwood Avatar
O'Fallon, MO, USA   USA
Boy, this is a very rough crowd... smiling smiley

Dan
O'Fallon MO

1976 Harley FLH Shovelhead Restored
2009 Harley FLTRSE CVO Road Glide
In Process Boardtrack Racer 113" V-twin

CLICK HERE FOR DAN'S PICTURE TRAIL PHOTO ALBUMS

Denny Graham Silver Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
deleted as per Rhys Nolan request.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-24 05:19 AM by Denny Graham.

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
In reply to # 32379 by Dan Lockwood Boy, this is a very rough crowd... smiling smiley

We didn't start out that way.

Speeddemon Avatar
Oh yes you guys did...dave.d/woody/rhysn./etc. Ppl can read including Skye nott/etc. And see for them selfs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-13 09:11 PM by Speeddemon.

Notso-Chinsee Avatar
Notso-Chinsee Gold Member Albert Lies
Spokane Valley, Washington (WA), USA   USA
1927 CycleKart American
1938 CycleKart American "Burd Piston Ring Special"
I for one will not take the time to read anything he posts going forward.....
Al

Al Lies
The "Not-So Chinsee" guy

Speeddemon Avatar

Attachments:
images-24.jpg    11.9 KB
images-24.jpg

A.J. Foyt Avatar
A.J. Foyt Joey Verpoorten
Battle Ground, WA, USA   USA
I'm leaning towards weld failure closely followed by fatigue at certain locations. In combination that's a recipe for disaster. I ended up going to a stepped set up. It goes from 5/8 outter then steps up to a 3/4 followed by the portion I weld coming in at 1". I had noticed failures and wanted to try and solve that on my kart. Here's a quick photo.

Attachments:
20180416_174536.jpg    44.6 KB
20180416_174536.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1948 CycleKart Italian

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links