CycleKart Tech Forum

New Members, Please Introduce Yourself

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Scubajed Avatar
Scubajed Jerrod Kelly
Greenvale, VIC, Australia   AUS
Hi all,
Another newby to add to the ranks, I live near Melbourne in Australia. I work in construction. And I am time poor he he he.

I am just looking at the wealth of information here first before I commit to a style or plan. There is no CK groups to speak of in my atea as far as I know, so it will be more of a private toy when I build one.
I dont have much access to lathes etc... so I will need to source as much off the shelf parts a possible. That being said ... if I need to Fab something, I always find a way.

I like long walks on the beach, I am Cancerian, poor, ugly, can't fish.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Speeddemon Avatar
Speeddemon Louis Poleet (Suspended)
Roslindale, MA, USA   USA
1970 CycleKart Custom "Rose"
Hello to all living on the east coast lov seening all the great wonderful builds on this forum my hats off to you all .hope to build one of my own someday soon . Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-09 06:57 PM by Speeddemon.

jcny Avatar
jcny Silver Member John Corey
Melrose, NY, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart French "Sam"
Hello, Louis! Please keep an eye on the events tab, and/or the Off-topic Forum for this season's east coast events. You are welcome to come, CK of your own or not (we share ours)! jc.

Builder: John 'the Fierce' Corey, aka Lord Emile Salmson (or Lordy Miles On Some)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Speeddemon Avatar
Speeddemon Louis Poleet (Suspended)
Roslindale, MA, USA   USA
1970 CycleKart Custom "Rose"
Hi john thank you for your reply and welcoming me to the ck forum ok will do. and tys for the invitation i would lov to attend someday soon. when my situation changes for the better and allows me to go and injoy the upcoming east coast ck events .take care and cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-10 04:14 PM by Speeddemon.

littletex Avatar
littletex Blake Martindale
Azle, TX, USA   USA
New member here from Texas,

Been interested in cyclekarts for about a year now, been gathering some parts still in the designing stages.Trying to get some room in my garage to get started which will probably take me longer to do than to build the kart ha ha.Having read many of post here I see this as a great resource and wealth of knowledge. I will probably have the usual 100,000 questions like most rookies and will overthink and complicate things for myself but this forum should keep me level headed and inspired to muddle thru. So here I go wish me luck I'm going to need it. Finally after careful ( Agonizing ) thought I decided on a 1920's Miller for my inspiration have attached a photo and as I see someone else here is really going to town on one of these love the look and style. Not very good with this tech stuff but will try and post picture and and progress reports as best I can and as I feel is wanted by anybody, so away we goooo Blake ( little tex )

Attachments:
miller1.jpg    58.7 KB
miller1.jpg

tbrennan29 Thomas Brennan
Seaford, DE, USA   USA
Nice choice. Welcome to the mayhem,LOL.I am using a 32miller Shaw special as my inspiration. Mine is a little different in that it has a transverse spring whereas yours has two springs running parallel to the chassis. Good luck with your endeavors and can't wait to see your progress. Hopefully it will be faster than mine. Not having a fancy cad system makes the drawing a lot more drawn out(no punk intended) or not.
Tom B

Scubajed Avatar
Scubajed Jerrod Kelly
Greenvale, VIC, Australia   AUS
Little Tex,
What a great little (BIG) project. Beautiful car for your inspiration. Best of luck.

Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Yes Great Choice!
Milers are fun to build and scale well.
There are lots of detailed pictures, depending on how far you are planning on taking the replication.
Here is that car before paint.
Woody

Attachments:
1923-miller-122-race-car-restoration1453520509.jpg    64.6 KB
1923-miller-122-race-car-restoration1453520509.jpg

carlover77 Brian Ulrich
Commerce city, CO, USA   USA
Hello! New guy here. I am in the Greater Denver area in Colorado. I have been looking at building on of these for awhile as the aesthetics appeal to me more than a standard go kart. Still doing a lot of research, wheels is the big one. Thanks guys!

Dahoof1969 Avatar
Dahoof1969 Michael W
Location not set
Hello to you all, I have to say that I'm excited about finding your site. I've been an avid Motörhead for almost as long as I've been alive (66years). My first project was as a '49 Plymouth convertible. Then moved to a '62 Chrysler that I stuffed a 392 Hemi and 4 speed into. It was quite the sleeper..... the only thing that gave it away was the dual exhaust. The next project was a '34 Studeabaker Dictator which was a real piece of eye candy once completed. I also love boat building, having completed 2 and currently working on my third a Cracker Box racer with a worked 327 Chevy putting out 435 hp. My wife and I will be moving this spring to Scottsdale AZ in the spring to be with my granddaughters. I sent them pictures and they both want to race these low dollar race carts. I can't wait to build one with them!

captainflight Gary Smith
Tweed, ON, Canada   CAN
Hi! I am Gary Smith from Tweed, Ontario Canada. I just stumbled on this site and thought it was pretty cool. I am 71 years young and an avid hot rodder. I have several cars, 1950 Ford, 1939 Ford, 1934 Plymouth coupe and my son is working on a 1960 Dodge hard top. I have a 32x40 ft shop which my son and I built a few years back when we moved to the country. I have built several soap box cars with my kids in my younger days but nothing like the cars on this site. Maybe I will try a build when I finish up my cars.

Attachments:
DSCF4473.JPG    66.2 KB
DSCF4473.JPG

CNE 2012 059.JPG    31.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
dBlast Avatar
dBlast Vince De Blasi
Maple, ON, Canada   CAN
Welcome Gary (fellow Ontarian),

My brother-in-law lives just south of you north of Belleville. I was there a few weeks ago thinking that his yard was big enough to ride a cyclekart, once I finish building mine.

Nice cars and shop BTW.

Vince.

Numbers Avatar
Numbers L W
Shepherdsville, KY, USA   USA
Hi, I am Les from the Bourbon Trail in Kentucky. Retired military veteran with an Electronic, Network, LE, Elementary Education, and Machinist background.

In the process of gathering parts for my first cyclekart. I wish I had a better understanding of the CAD program I'm using but it should put me in the ballpark for usefulness. Some of the CAD drawings and full sized drawings on here are stunning works of art and a great source of inspiration.

Thank you all for providing such a wonderful site of inspiration and knowledge. Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute in a unique manner.

tbrennan29 Thomas Brennan
Seaford, DE, USA   USA
Welcome Les, glad to have another east coaster joiningwhat was your inspiration car and what are you aiming for?
Tom B

Numbers Avatar
Numbers L W
Shepherdsville, KY, USA   USA
In reply to # 29238 by tbrennan29 Welcome Les, glad to have another east coaster joiningwhat was your inspiration car and what are you aiming for?
Tom B

Thank you Tom. My inspiration car is a 1915 Stutz Bearcat Indy racer. I'm aiming to have the car elements in CAD before all parts are on location and the weather is cooperating (could be many months). I'm prepared to deviate on some of the angles and dimensions to accommodate my size and capabilities.

Attachments:
1915_Stutz_Indianapolis_500_Special_(31840994035).jpg    76.1 KB
1915_Stutz_Indianapolis_500_Special_(31840994035).jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1925 CycleKart Speedway Racer

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links