Little French Avatar
Little French Silver Member Fabrice B
PUY DU LAC, Charente maritime, France   FRA
Hello Guys,

Our last ride version "in board"
Only 5 CKs ! But we hope more for the GP of Bressuire

Soon,
Fabrice

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. Pualic
Bern, Bern, Switzerland   CHE
... something more about French Connection:

Did I miss something or there are not any suspensions at the front?

Excellent workshop and tools, but craftsmen art too!

Ciao,
Zoran

Zoran R. Pualić
(mostly living in Bern, Swiss & happy in my Belgrade, Serbia)

jcny Avatar
jcny Silver Member John Corey
Melrose, NY, USA   USA
1927 CycleKart French "Sam"
The 2nd Northeast Meet has been delayed to June 3, due to the capriciousness of Mother Nature, who promises a washout tomorrow, but today all is beautiful and the course is ready (except for signs and lines), so I ran a couple of laps as a teaser. You can see GoPro video at:

jc

Builder: John 'the Fierce' Corey, aka Lord Emile Salmson (or Lordy Miles On Some)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
roadster1 Avatar
roadster1 Silver Member Allen Bass
Bellingham, WA, USA   USA
great course, love the wooden bridge

1934 Maserati 2.9L G.P.

Team classic Brian S
Lyttelton Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand   NZL
Great track John. I am quite envious. You guys have a ball. Regards Brian S.

jcny Avatar
Melrose, NY, USA   USA
First views of 2nd Northeast Spring Meet. While only 3 of expected 6 CKs were on hand, we shared, and had fun (and broke stuff, and fixed it, and enthused several aspiring builders!). Perfect weather, good food, fine friends old and new, plus LOTS of fun! Youtube link below (in case it doesn't auto-load). Just wait til our NEXT meet (bigger and better every time)!

Builder: John 'the Fierce' Corey, aka Lord Emile Salmson (or Lordy Miles On Some)

roadster1 Avatar
roadster1 Silver Member Allen Bass
Bellingham, WA, USA   USA
Looks like a lot of fun.
Like the stick fix

1934 Maserati 2.9L G.P.

moto-klasika Avatar
Hello, John!
I am sure that all of you presented on magnificent race-track had nice time spent: owners and drivers of Cyclekarts, then the people from the public, family and friends messing around...
However, we no-Cyclekartistes have a nice time watching you buzzing around, and after finishing this message - I will jump again in a cockpit and take another round!
It seems that short grass is a good compromise for "race": less brutal than full off-road as "orchard"is, and more interesting than running mover asphalt or concrete around supermarket's parking and factories' plants.
That bridge is a little frightening for crossing fast, but from my armchair not so much...

The video is excellent (for my taste): not too long a with few photos of the atmosphere (I felt a good smell of barbecue), then nice video-shots, and with the best "music" - engines running, wheels thundering and the sound of wind...
Just couldn't feel the vibrations and twisting of Cyclekarts, but I could imagine that...

Congratulations on the great fun for all of you and for the nice presentation for all of us!

Regards,
Zoran

Zoran R. Pualić

jcny Avatar
Melrose, NY, USA   USA
Thanks, Zoran! Yes, I do need a more rigid mount for my GoPro camera! It's not quite as shaky doing it as seeing it. That said, I agree completely that the combination of short grass and some dirt is the best fun possible. We mostly use no slip on the axle, too, so in the turns, we really toss up some dust! The little bridge is not to tricky, because the tight turn approaching it FORCEs a slower entry. Nobody has ever missed yet (and if they did, the harm is small, as it's just there to ease passage through a shady, damp area - no drop off). I know we got at least two more builders going with this year's event; and I expect we will be growing this with each repeat! Keep an eye out for the next event announcement - it might make a nice vacation stop for you!

moto-klasika Avatar
... Yes, it could be a nice vacation stop for me, visiting your beautiful propriety including nice "racing" track and to enjoy watching in live you all running around, but...
Always that ugly BUT: as Serbian pensioner living in Swiss (it would be better if it is opposite) - no chances this turn to visit America and have nice voyage stop!
So, I will follow on the screen your happenings and adventures!

Spirit of your and a few other groups from around our World, including France and Argentina - are in the most Cyclekartistes way, in my humble opinion!

Zoran!

Zoran R. Pualić

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1930 CycleKart Speedway Racer

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links