CKC

The Pub - Off Topic

UK based cycle karts

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Hi Chris
Looking forward to getting started, as you are great at sharing!
Good Roads
Brian

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Denny
Yes, it was!
I have restored two TD's in past years for customers........but always loved TF's, and said if the right finished one (didn't need another project) ever came up, I would just buy it for myself!eye rolling smiley
Well....it did......and I did!
There are no pockets in a shroud or roof racks on a hearse??????
Brian

chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
I'll be making progress shortly Brian, sometimes talking about something makes you realise there's another way to tackle it. I was out in the workshop doing another job, when I realised a fairly minor change in layout would give me enough space to start. I need to clear a couple of jobs before I can get properly stuck in, but it's progress, I'll see about steel, and pick up a CO2 bottle for the MIG Tuesday. I bought a gas / gasless one when my last one packed up, but I can't't get on with gasless, and I've got a reg for a pub bottle from when I built trailers.

Love the TF, the only classic car I had was a Reliant Scimitar, that's the only car I'd have again if I could justify the expense of running a second car just for the pleasure of it.

Chris

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
You plan on using straight Co2 with your MIG????
Can you get a mix with at least 25% Argon?
Brian

chrisenamels Avatar
I'll have to look into it Brian, always have used straight CO2, but then I was welding 1/8 wall thickness, just means getting an adaptor for my regulator.

Chris

Denny Graham Gold Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
CO2 runs hotter than a 75/25 mix Chris. It digs in deeper, that is you
get deeper penetration, which you don't need on this light gauge material.
Also, you'll get a lot more spatter with CO2 than you will with a mix.
(made my living welding for a good portion of my adult life.)
Oh...and those temporary storage units you posted look to be much like
my "garage in a box." So far this winter, it's holding up just fine to the
wind and snow and I got a lot of the home maintenance and lawn stuff
out of the barn.
dg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-27 06:27 PM by Denny Graham.

PDXBryan Bryan Dickerson
Troutdale, OR, USA   USA
Yep, finding the space to build stuff is usually the biggest hurdle. I finally built myself a shop about 5 years ago but it's usually full with more pressing jobs like fixing farm trucks and tractors.

chrisenamels Avatar
Thanks for the info Brian & Denny, I did some research into MIG gasses, and have come to the conclusion that CO2/Argon is the way to go.

I've got space Bryan, but the workshop is set up for model making & copper smithing, and the studio is for enamelling, so very little available floor space. The shed is just clutter, everything was just thrown in there when the other two storage spaces ceased to be available. The shed needs to be sorted, but rearranging a couple of the storage units in the workshop will allow me to make a start.

Chris

Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Morning Chris, or should I say afternoon! I just took a ride down A4069 thru town and
it really surprised me how much country there still is over there where you're at.
My best buddy growing up, Jack Francis, was Welsh. He was born here in the states
but his mom and pop immigrated to Chicago from Wales in the 50's.
Surrounded by all that country, there surely ought to be places where you could run
a Cyclekart. It's a constant surprise to me, just how much open land is still left in a
country that has had continuous human habitation from the end of the last ice age.
Denny Graham

chrisenamels Avatar
Ah the A4069 is an odd one Denny, it comes into Llangadog from the A40, then in the village it splits, Llandovery in one direction (rejoining the A40), Brynamman in the other direction. If you took the Brynamman road then you passed quite close to us, there's a field next to the river bridge which has a few things going for it, it's level (in Welsh terms), flat (again in Welsh terms), and most importantly owned by our next door neighbour. I'm keeping the project quiet from him, or he'll get involved, and I want to do it myself. Once it's done I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to build one himself, hope so, then we're guaranteed a venue for racing, when there aren't sheep in there of course.

Chris

Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Yep,simply amazing, with Google Earth street view I can run
around town and take a drive out to the country and see the
sheep being sheared half way round the world.
Ya'll have a G' day
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK   GBR
I am continually amazed how quickly some topics here go off on a tangent!

WesR Wes Raynor
Leicester, Leics., UK   GBR
Graham, I am in Newtown Linford. If you would like to see my car and chat, I am on 01530 243042.

Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Hey Wes, haven't heard from you for a while. How did the T700 turn out??? I'd
sure like to hear a report on how it performed. Seems like the front engine guys
put all that work into them then we never get to hear how they perform.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Are we to draw any conclusions from that?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

2015 CycleKart French

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links