The Pub - Off Topic

UK based cycle karts

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

resarf1963 Avatar
resarf1963 Fraser Duncan
Wragby, Lincolnshire, UK   GBR
1930 CycleKart Great Britain ~ For Sale ! ~
Wow gets a bit feisty in here sometimes.
I am building my kart but have paused over the winter. It’s coming along, it runs and thankfully it stops on demand too. Next stage is skinning the body. I have made a start and hope to have it all done by late spring.
Once it’s done I will be actively seeking contenders.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
5A5BD15E-74DE-4E3D-989B-04E4E93D4626.jpeg    50.1 KB
5A5BD15E-74DE-4E3D-989B-04E4E93D4626.jpeg

PDXBryan Bryan Dickerson
Troutdale, OR, USA   USA
Hi Rhys
It's uncanny how many of the people that have the most to offer also have the thinnest skin. Dude (yes, I said "Dude"winking smiley you've got great skills, knowledge, and energy so drop the f-----g negativity and make some s--t happen! Also give me your damn address so I can send your book back.

Bryan

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK   GBR
In reply to # 29438 by PDXBryan Hi Rhys
It's uncanny how many of the people that have the most to offer also have the thinnest skin. Dude (yes, I said "Dude"winking smiley you've got great skills, knowledge, and energy so drop the f-----g negativity and make some s--t happen! Also give me your damn address so I can send your book back.

Bryan

Yes I have a thin skin! Don't worry about the book, I bought another. Consider it a gift for the loan of the wheels.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Rhysn Rhys Nolan
A fantastic meeting today at Wes' workshop. For those who wondered, his Darracq works VERY well. Really impressive. Very light, and his Motor with a wet clutch and no TAV actually surprised me TBH. I was very impressed and he is such a neat guy.

We have a way forward.Can I please request that those outside the greater UK refrain from adding to this thread, as many of the comments haven't been helpful. UK, the fuse has been lit, or the snowball is rolling...

chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
Glad it went well Rhys, looking forward to getting involved. A lot of the French karts use the same engine setup as Wes, simpler than the TAV, and they seem to perform well. My steel arrived today, so as soon as I can I'll make a start on the chassis.

Been thinking about the next one too, an Austin 7 Ulster, all timber build, with the same engine as Wes used seems favourite.

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-09 04:50 PM by chrisenamels.

Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Glad to here Rhys!
But, yes some of us will continue to follow the progress of what looks like to be then next official CycleKart Chapter.
Good on you guys...........remember don't be shy! There is strength in numbers.
Good Luck
Brian
PS
Maybe the world will be coming to you for an "International Event" at the Brooklands in the not to distant future.

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
We had a great meet up at Wes' place. As a result we now have 3 builds well underway. Thanks to Graham who found a commercial karting outlet selling off their old hire karts we now have sets of bits to really press forward. What a fantastic find, so we get a complete kart for £130 odd, and then have bits to sell! Worth a try for people looking for parts!
Graham also found a venue to play at in the area near Leicester and we are working towards a mid summer meet up with CKs or not.
I would really like for folks to make an effort to attend.

chrisenamels Avatar
Sounds great Rhys, but it depends on the date, mid summer is a busy time for me with shows. While I'm not the furthest away from Leicester I am a bit out on a limb in west Wales.

Chris

PDXBryan Bryan Dickerson
Troutdale, OR, USA   USA
Rhys,
That's some great news! Sounds like you friends across the pond are building momentum.
Do you have any pictures of footage of Wes's car in action? I doubt I'm the only one who's dying to see it roll!

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
In reply to # 30349 by PDXBryan Rhys,
That's some great news! Sounds like you friends across the pond are building momentum.
Do you have any pictures of footage of Wes's car in action? I doubt I'm the only one who's dying to see it roll!

That's up to Wes to post on his build. I didn't take any.

WesR Wes Raynor
Leicester, Leics., UK   GBR
I wasn't going to post this as I was not too impressed with the footage but seeing as you asked!
Haven't run the car much since due to the bad weather. The transmission now is a short 3;1 chain and a 2.5:1 vee belt to the axle. I had the ratio too high initially, it needs to be more than 6:1 total and this is not practical with a single belt or chain. So I now have a two stage system. If I were starting again, I would probably go for 2 chains - or 2 vee belts - or 2 twin vee belts - or?!! Front engine for me any day, just needs the time spending to find the best system.

PDXBryan Bryan Dickerson
Troutdale, OR, USA   USA
Wes,
Thanks so much for the footage. You knocked it out of the park with this kart! That's a baseball reference meaning awesome job!

chrisenamels Avatar
Thanks Wes, it's great to see your car running, look forward to seeing it "in the flesh" sometime.

Chris

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
This is one of my all time favorite karts, Wes. Only made better by seeing it under way.
Thank you for sharing this with us.

moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. Pualic
Bern, Bern, Switzerland   CHE
Wes, thank you!
Nice kart and nice video, indeed!
Good for me that there is not any music: engine and else is enough of sounds!
Ciao,
Zoran

Zoran R. Pualić
(mostly living in Bern, Swiss & happy in my Belgrade, Serbia)

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1931 CycleKart Replica

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links