CKC

The Pub - Off Topic

UK based cycle karts

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

resarf1963 Avatar
resarf1963 Fraser Duncan
Wragby, Lincolnshire, UK   GBR
Wow gets a bit feisty in here sometimes.
I am building my kart but have paused over the winter. It’s coming along, it runs and thankfully it stops on demand too. Next stage is skinning the body. I have made a start and hope to have it all done by late spring.
Once it’s done I will be actively seeking contenders.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
5A5BD15E-74DE-4E3D-989B-04E4E93D4626.jpeg    50.1 KB
5A5BD15E-74DE-4E3D-989B-04E4E93D4626.jpeg

PDXBryan Bryan Dickerson
Troutdale, OR, USA   USA
Hi Rhys
It's uncanny how many of the people that have the most to offer also have the thinnest skin. Dude (yes, I said "Dude"winking smiley you've got great skills, knowledge, and energy so drop the f-----g negativity and make some s--t happen! Also give me your damn address so I can send your book back.

Bryan

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK   GBR
In reply to # 29438 by PDXBryan Hi Rhys
It's uncanny how many of the people that have the most to offer also have the thinnest skin. Dude (yes, I said "Dude"winking smiley you've got great skills, knowledge, and energy so drop the f-----g negativity and make some s--t happen! Also give me your damn address so I can send your book back.

Bryan

Yes I have a thin skin! Don't worry about the book, I bought another. Consider it a gift for the loan of the wheels.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK   GBR
A fantastic meeting today at Wes' workshop. For those who wondered, his Darracq works VERY well. Really impressive. Very light, and his Motor with a wet clutch and no TAV actually surprised me TBH. I was very impressed and he is such a neat guy.

We have a way forward.Can I please request that those outside the greater UK refrain from adding to this thread, as many of the comments haven't been helpful. UK, the fuse has been lit, or the snowball is rolling...

chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
Glad it went well Rhys, looking forward to getting involved. A lot of the French karts use the same engine setup as Wes, simpler than the TAV, and they seem to perform well. My steel arrived today, so as soon as I can I'll make a start on the chassis.

Been thinking about the next one too, an Austin 7 Ulster, all timber build, with the same engine as Wes used seems favourite.

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-09 04:50 PM by chrisenamels.

Woodysrods Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Glad to here Rhys!
But, yes some of us will continue to follow the progress of what looks like to be then next official CycleKart Chapter.
Good on you guys...........remember don't be shy! There is strength in numbers.
Good Luck
Brian
PS
Maybe the world will be coming to you for an "International Event" at the Brooklands in the not to distant future.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1929 CycleKart French

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links