CKC

The Pub - Off Topic

wanted pdfs in ckc tech library

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Speeddemon Avatar
Speeddemon Louis Poleet
Roslindale, MA, USA   USA
Hello if you have any informative cyclecar/cyclekart books/magazines pdf's that you legally own. Collecting dust In the attic/etc .please donate/deposit in the ckc tech library .cheers

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-20 08:35 AM by Speeddemon.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK   GBR
Have you considered that you might be violating copyright laws in scanning these to PDF? Owner of the copyright of a couple of these has been notified.

Denny Graham Silver Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
100 year old copyrights...Well that's one way of making sure the information therein
dies with the ages!
The guys that wrote those stories were dead long before most of us "old timers" were
even born.
I recently looked at a teaser for a technical book I'd like to have. Problem is it was a
very limited publication and cost $285, which is out of the reach of 99% of the public,
me included. Because of such a "limited" edition, 99% of the world will never see that
information and......all those ideas will slip into obscurity and have to be rediscovered
again some day, that is, if we or our grandchildren are wise enough to rediscover
it again.
Ii's hard to imagine how much knowledge has been lost because of the eternal
"copyright" laws that exist to protect those who never had anything to do with
creating the original material.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-20 06:52 AM by Denny Graham.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Rhysn Rhys Nolan
In reply to # 28811 by Denny Graham 100 year old copyrights...Well that's one way of making sure the information therein
dies with the ages!
The guys that wrote those stories were dead long before most of us "old timers" were
even born.

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Sorry Denny, 2 of those books are recent recreations and the holder of the copyright isn't happy. They are made to look old, and have a host of old material, but he has been very careful, and spent a lot.

Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Up late tonight are ya Rhys!!!! I'm just waiting for the heat to come up past freezing out in the barn
so I can get back to work on my Wheeling Machine.

Got no problem with a reasonable copyright or patent. What irks me is the ones that are renewed by
the people that buy them up and just keep reprinting the same original stuff with out making any
new contribution, that is, simply capitalizing on someone else's work.
So....where are those reprints available and are they priced so the average guy can afford to
put one in his library???

I recently added the "The Schlumpf Obsession", a beautiful full color hard bound large format
book to my collection. A must in my opinion, especially if one is interested in Bugatti.
And the cost..........wait for it.........$13.99, free shipping on Amazon Prime.
Now that's called sharing the knowledge in my book.
Ok, coffee done perkin', time to go to work.
G' night
Denny Graham

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-20 07:22 AM by Denny Graham.

Speeddemon Avatar
Speeddemon Louis Poleet
Hi Rhys there just pic's and not pdfs .!.and have a nice day.cheers

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-20 08:30 AM by Speeddemon.

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Louis, I guess when I read that you wanted PDFs for the (non existent) ckc library (as the title of the thread shows, that is what you wanted.
Denny, it's the middle of the day! If you look at Gunn and Co you will find some of the ones which Louis posted pics of, and has now removed.
Yes Schlumpf Obsession is fantastic, I wish I could remember who I lent my copy to! I was asked to review that book way back when I was doing a fair bit of journalism, and then went to visit the place in 1989, amazing. We spent a full day there, and at the end of the day we realised we were walking past T35 s and just strolling past, sensory overload.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-20 09:53 AM by Rhysn.

moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. Pualic
Bern, Bern, Switzerland   CHE
Hello, there!
Louis, no problem if you post here some pages of old or modern books, and especially if post their cover-pages!
As this is in non-profit use, there shouldn't be a problem with owners of copyrights, even more - that should be some kind of marketing for their books.

Rhys is otherwise right about copyrights - protected books shouldn't be copied in any way and distributed (for money or for free), especially all or majority of the pages!
A couple of shown books are reprint editions and publisher had all the copyrights - old and original are dead but his copyrights are new and period of protection started again.

In any case, they are not so expensive that couldn't be bought from the publisher of reprints:

http://www.gunnandco.co.uk/search/label/Books

This is not the advertisement for Tim Gunn's books and other objects that he has for sale, just a small help for the CK-Club members!
I am in no way connected with Tim Gunn, his company, club, blog or anything else!

Ciao,
Zoran

Zoran R. Pualić
(mostly living in Bern, Swiss & happy in my Belgrade, Serbia)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-20 09:56 AM by moto-klasika.

Speeddemon Avatar
Speeddemon Louis Poleet
Rhys (the public domain( pic's ) off the net) (where just suggestion/reference.).period. Its about Having a ckc tech libary section filled with teachable tech articles/books/magazines pdfs of them uploaded by any kind /generous ckc members who are on here that have any such reading material collecting dust /not in use /etc and are ther legal book/magazines/etc owners by the donating/submission free will/generosity. so present ckc members and future generations of ckc members can read /learn at there leisure is why I created this post/topic/thread. so ther for again have a nice day gd buddy. Cheers

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-20 10:29 AM by Speeddemon.

Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Well you can forget finding them on Amazon.
dg

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Louis, I have no problem with that at all. I just pointed out that some of them were subject to copyright and that should be respected. I guess that was why you felt the need to post such a great post, subsequently edited.

Speeddemon Avatar
Speeddemon Louis Poleet
Rhys it was Edited for unnecessary b.s and your and any copyright enfirngement worried buddys viewing pleasure.cheers.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-20 10:54 AM by Speeddemon.

Speeddemon Avatar
Speeddemon Louis Poleet
Hi denny Im with you 195% on that one my sediments exactly bro Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-20 01:16 PM by Speeddemon.

Speeddemon Avatar
Speeddemon Louis Poleet
Hi rhys .. update that book is available on Google books as a free download. Cheers

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
In reply to # 29758 by Speeddemon Hi rhys .. update that book is available on Google books as a free download. Cheers

I never said which ones I was referring to, so which one are you talking about?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1933 CycleKart Italian

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links