CKC

The Pub - Off Topic

the cycle kart forum question of the day.

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Speeddemon Avatar
Speeddemon Louis Poleet (Suspended)
Roslindale, MA, USA   USA
1970 CycleKart Custom "Rose"
Hi all...Here's the cyclekart forum question of the day ppl....what is your solution to the problem of not having any places to legally drive a cyclekart . Without having deep pockets money to drive it at track.?.cheers

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-10 08:38 AM by Speeddemon.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Kelly Wood Avatar
Salt Lake City, UT, USA   USA
1910 CycleKart Great Britain "Sargette"
Go drive it anyway. smiling smiley

Over think it... and you'll probably fail.

Carty McCartFace Robert J
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
Probably if you actually BUILD a cyclecart, you’ll find places to drive it. Heck, your neighbors may even want to join in, and you can start your own neighborhood parade.

First, build a cart.

Peace,
Robert

P.S. Yeah, I’m building a pedal car. The cart is next. I just found these things. Oh, yeah, my pedal car? Custom made spindles, too, so I can give advice about that, rather than just post links to other people’s work...

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
Drive prudently.
I also find that waving helps.
We'll it can't hurt, anyway.

chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
Speak nicely to our next door neighbour about using one of his flat(ish), level(ish) fields, and let him have a drive. Knowing him he'll want to build one himself. By way of explanation of the (ish), this is Wales, flat level ground is a rarity, most of it is given over to Rugby pitches.

A lot of valleys houses are single or two storey on one side, and two or three storey on the other.

Of course ideally the field will be empty of the mobile woolly obstructions that are in there at the moment, this is Wales, 3 million people 6 million sheep.

Chris

Speeddemon Avatar
Speeddemon Louis Poleet (Suspended)
Roslindale, MA, USA   USA
1970 CycleKart Custom "Rose"
Hi Robert ..nice work ya doing on ypur pedal car... So you wana see me actually build a cyclekart ? Well What truly genuine kind hearted 100% tax deductible charitable donations in way of parts/ supplys/ building materials/finishing materials/etc.. that i can truly count on from you or anyone else on here.? so I can get right on that and start building said cycle kart today.cheers

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-10 10:55 PM by Speeddemon.

Fresno, CA, USA   USA
Louis,

I won’t give you a dime. Is this a free parts exchange? If so, I’m amenable to any donations, as well, but I was under the impression this whole affair is a self funded, roll your own type program.

What is that saying about speed and money? winking smiley

That said, I don’t want you to do anything, except stop handing out third hand advice. Being a fan of carts is one thing, but dispensing advice without firsthand knowledge is another. It dilutes the pool of actual advice won by experience.

Peace,
Robert

P.S. Maybe with all the time you spend linking stuff here, and handing out “advice” you could pick up some money with a part time job and use it to build that cart you’ve been meaning to get to.

Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-11 12:45 AM by Woodysrods.

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Sooner or later, we always get to the pitch for dough.

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK   GBR
Louis, you have suggested on here that others should go round scrapyards etc.

I am going to be different to the others. When you post the photos of the "stuff" you have gathered together by going to businesses and asking if you can look through their scrap, scrapyards and paid a few pennies and gone looking, I will give you some money. Note that I haven't said how much.

You could also consider going round collecting scrap metal and selling it to the scrapyard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-11 02:38 AM by Rhysn.

chrisenamels Avatar
chrisenamels Silver Member Chris Brown
Llangadog, Carmarthenshire, UK   GBR
Sorry Louis I can't help you with any donations, the money I EARN goes into living costs and things I WANT TO DO. If you want to build a cyclekart (which I doubt) do what the rest of us do FUND IT YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apologies to the rest of the members for SHOUTING!

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-11 02:49 AM by chrisenamels.

Fresno, CA, USA   USA
By the by, our neighbor kid made his own moped from a bicycle. He used a little bolt on 80cc two stroke that has what might be called an exhaust pipe, or, maybe, extended outer exhaust valve flange smiling smiley, which only seems to amplify the whiny bleat of the motor.

That kid goes buzzing around all the time. Up the street, and down the street.

Guess who cares? Nobody. He’s a nice kid, and he’s not hurting anyone, and he loves his cool machine he made, and he’s eager to share and friendly.

For my own part, I intend a decent muffler on my cart, but fully intend to drive it around the ‘hood with impugnity. Of course, I’ll offer rides, and stop to talk to all the folks who stop me. I think the first stop will be the hot-rod guy a few blocks away.

Peace,
Robert

P.S. He earned the money by installing passive irrigation systems based on rain gutters. The rain is redirected to standing landscape features.
There’s another way to make some pin money, Louis.

1908Rick Avatar
1908Rick Rick Eggers
Cape Coral, FL, USA   USA
Maybe we need a new forum called Beggars Corner.
I have a feeling only one guy would be there, however.

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK   GBR
In reply to # 32281 by 1908Rick Maybe we need a new forum called Beggars Corner.
I have a feeling only one guy would be there, however.

moody smiley

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
No, I'd be there too, begging for an end to this nonsense!
Louis, I stay away from your posts, generally. But once in a while you post something that actually flirts with being a reasonable topic. But I never seem to learn my lesson. However they begin, they always wind up in some whiney hustle.

I think this is where I step off the Speeddemon Express.
For good.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1938 CycleKart American

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links