CKC

Custom Karts Forum

Component drawings

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK   GBR
My opinion, and that's all it is, take it or leave it, the spindle line should intersect as close to centre patch as you can, with the proviso that using big angles to achieve it is not the best way. Part of the reason for not using big angles is that there will be camber change as the steering travel causes rotation around that axis.
Castor, between 6 and 10 degrees, I have tried others and come back to this. 6 degrees gives good turn in less straight line stability, other way round for higher angles. 12 degrees was hands off at full speed for about 1/4 mile, but loads of effort to turn in, and also to hold in the turn, it wanted to fight all the way back to straight line.
Start with a bit of toe in, maybe an 1/8"

Charles, I suggested to you a long time ago posting your excellent drawings on the sticky so that they are easily findable. I still would like to see them there rather than buried in the somewhat difficult search facility. They deserve to be there. That is the "Cyclekart plans and Drawings " thread almost at the top of the Technical forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-06 08:08 AM by Rhysn.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
gearguy Charles Schultz
Oil City, PA, USA   USA
How do we set up a sticky?

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK   GBR
In reply to # 28456 by gearguy How do we set up a sticky?

To set one up requires Skye to be asked.
For your drawings just post them on that existing thread. You have done a great number, so it will take a bit of time, but I still think it's the right place. When it comes to commenting on them, I don't personally think it's the right place, just the drawings and perhaps any comments you might want to add.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
gearguy Charles Schultz
Oil City, PA, USA   USA
Not sure if there is another thread on cockpit ergonomics but wanted to share this photo that was posted on Facebook. The late Dan Gurney testing the proposed cockpit of the Eagle chassis. Looks like something a CK builder could rig up early in the design process to avoid discomfort later,

Attachments:
eagleErgo.jpg    53.6 KB
eagleErgo.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1914 CycleKart German

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links