CKC

Custom Karts Forum

Bugatti Electric for my grandkids

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Robtus Avatar
Robtus Robert Muston
Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia   AUS
Hi, I just wanted to share my latest project for my 6 and 9 year old grandsons. I built this 2 run either as a gravity racer (billy cart) in free-wheel mode, but also fitted it with a 500 watt 24 volt motor, chain drive through a ride-on mower diff.

Full details of the build here: Bugatti Project

The chassis looks like this:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-03 08:02 AM by Robtus.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
moto-klasika Avatar
moto-klasika Zoran R. Pualic
Bern, Bern, Switzerland   CHE
Hello, Robert!
Great design and great realisation, especially metal-shaping body!
Photo of chassis is useful, but could you give us more photo-details of construction and some facts about "electrification" of Babé Bugatti?
Bets regards,
Zoran

Zoran R. Pualić
(mostly living in Bern, Swiss & happy in my Belgrade, Serbia)

MalibuMan Cas Tuyn
Weert, Limburg, Netherlands   NLD
I like your chassis, deviating from the standard but heavy 3x1" rectangle pipe, a step into the direction of a space frame.

I want to do something similar for weight saving. What is the pipe dimension and wall thickness? As you have no diagonals in there, does it bends in the middle when you grandkids sit in it? How many mm lower for how many kg weight?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Robtus Avatar
Robtus Robert Muston
Hi, thanks for the comments. I am building a webpage for the project and will put a link here. The chassis is 20 x 20 x 1.6 steel, but also gets benefit from the 4mm alloy side rails. It is all very light, without batteries it would be 40 kg I guess, most of which would be the motor and diff and the steel axles front and rear. The kids are light also, and the wheelbase is only 1450 mm.

I will post the website details later this week as I need to put up the photos somewhere before I can link them here.

A lot of it was laser cut, spent 10 hours drawing it all in CAD before I started, I will post up the drawings also which will give sizes.

Robtus Avatar
Robtus Robert Muston
Here are a few more pics, you will need to scroll down the page.

Cyclekart Bugatti

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-02 08:20 PM by Robtus.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1922 CycleKart Great Britain

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links