CKC

Custom Karts Forum

Power Tools instead of motors?

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

gearguy Charles Schultz
Oil City, PA, USA   USA
Who knew that there was such a thing as Power Tool Drag Racing? And why did you keep it a secret from me until now? Is this an option for custom karts? Inquiring minds want to know!

From Face Book:
Barry Lee - Tool Station's Factory Backed "Bolt Lightning"
This 3 wheeled, 450 lb machine is powered by six Makita circular saws that normally turn 16 in cutting discs. It competes in the National Power Tool Drag Racing Championship held in England every year (Yes, this is a thing)
With the cutting discs removed, the 6 motors generates 37.2 total horsepower. They turns fan belts attached to the driveshaft, The "race car" uses an electronic throttle system that is nothing more than an On/Off switch.
In 2011 the Bolt Lightning covered the 100 meter course with a top speed of 46 mph

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
CKpowertols.jpg    35.5 KB
CKpowertols.jpg

amphibian William Howell
Canton, TX, USA   USA
Yepper, I could be all over this.... Think I will start tomorrow. I've used a drill to run the recumbent trike so it should be real easy to do this one. Would even work for a 4 wheel CycleKart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-06 09:40 PM by amphibian.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1937 CycleKart American

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links