AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Notso-Chinsee Avatar
Notso-Chinsee Gold Member Albert Lies
Spokane Valley, Washington (WA), USA   USA
1927 CycleKart American
1938 CycleKart American "Burd Piston Ring Special"
Steve,
Please put me on the list for a large shirt and for next years race.

Al Lies
The "Not-So Chinsee" guy

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Denny Graham Gold Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
Well???
dg

RROLDSX Randy R
Delta, BC, Canada   CAN
Nice shirts dudes!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
LowellR Silver Member Lowell Roemke
Tempe, AZ, USA   USA
In reply to # 30804 by Denny Graham Well???
dg

It was lots of fun! The City of Clarkdale had laid out a race course for us in the Police Dept/City Hall parking lot using bales of straw. A local feed company let them use the bales for free as long as they didn't get wet. I'm sure Steve or Dennis will be putting some pictures or videos out of the event soon. We ran several races before lunch and intended to run another after lunch but it started to drizzle so they picked up all the straw bales to avoid a $800 dollar charge for lost straw. We had many visitors and answered lots of cyclekart questions. I hope we can do it again.

You can see some pictures on the Arizona Cyclekart Club Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1740072272984827/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-12 10:46 AM by LowellR.

Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Thanks Lowell
Great Facebook photos!
Can't wait for the Videos show up.
What was the total CK count.......I see a couple of new ones in the background shots?
Brian

SteveV Avatar
SteveV Steve Vinson
Phoenix, AZ, USA   USA
1924 Ford Model T "Viscount Vinson Special"
1927 CycleKart American "Mono Wasp"

Here is a video we put together. I added music....bad idea... you cant here some of the talking bits... I will see if I can fix that.

Steve Vinson
Arizona CycleKart Club

Design-Build-Race-Repeat

SteveV Avatar
SteveV Steve Vinson
Phoenix, AZ, USA   USA
We had a fantastic time.

Here are a few highlights.

We had 8 karts in attendance, 7 karts in the Grand Prix.

Winner of the "Gentleman Racer" trophy as voted by his fellow racers: Lowell Roenke in his MG Magna.

Winner of the "Miners Pick" Best Cyclekart as voted by the public: Stevey Joe Vinson, Jr. and his Mono-Wasp, the closed competitor was had 75 fewer votes....wow.

Winner of the "Copper Cup" trophy: Steve Vinson, Sr and the Viscount Vinson Model T Special.

Dennis Thomas in the BMW came in a very close second, followed by Carlos Carniero in the VKC racer. Carlos would have won had he not missed two heats because of missing exhaust bolts.

We all approached this event as a fun way to share our hobby with new people and wow what a success. We had so many people asking questions and we really felt like we made a positive impact on the event that we were a part of. I handed out all of my club business cards and hopefully inspired a few people to jump into our hobby.

Steve Vinson
Arizona CycleKart Club

Design-Build-Race-Repeat

Attachments:
CGP1.jpg    54.9 KB
CGP1.jpg

CGP3.jpg    57.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
CGP26.jpg    44.8 KB
CGP13.jpg    42.3 KB
SteveV Avatar
SteveV Steve Vinson
Phoenix, AZ, USA   USA
A few more pictures

Steve Vinson
Arizona CycleKart Club

Design-Build-Race-Repeat

Attachments:
CGP29.jpg    48.8 KB
CGP29.jpg

CGP25.jpg    61 KB
CGP16.jpg    41.5 KB
CGP21.jpg    55.1 KB
SteveV Avatar
SteveV Steve Vinson
Phoenix, AZ, USA   USA
A few more

Steve Vinson
Arizona CycleKart Club

Design-Build-Race-Repeat

Attachments:
CGP12.jpg    44.2 KB
CGP12.jpg

CGP18.jpg    44.5 KB
CGP15.jpg    46.9 KB
CGP4.jpg    58.8 KB
Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
Thanks Steve!thumbs upthumbs up

Azroddy Avatar
Azroddy Jon R
Mesa, AZ, USA   USA
It really was a lot of fun. I (Jon O. Roddewig in the Ratrod} almost didn't make the event. After rolling the Ratrod in Cave Creek, I had to get new spindles and they didnt work the same. The spindle set up was not right and made the kart handle badly so a full rebuild started, It really needed it. It took some time and the kart did not run and drive until 11 pm the night before The Clarkdale Grand Prix. After I got it running there was still a few hours to make it safe to drive. You know like a place to sit and all the fine tuning. I got to a point that I was ok with at 3:30 am. I had 2 hours of sleep then off to the race. It was a ton of fun. I had a kart that was unproven so I took it easy until about the second lap. Then I was back to my normal beating on the poor thing for mine and everyone else's enjoyment. To mine and I think everyone's else's surprise the Ratrod took second in the Miners Pick Best Looking...LOL. I guess they could look past a few things and see the Ratrod for what it will be. Just shows how great the people of Clarkdale, Arizona really are. The racing stayed at a very unserious level. The people watching really enjoyed it and many took rides in the cyclekarts between races. We sold a ton of shirts and the funds will help the club in future events. We still have some shirts left. Contact Steve Vincent before they are gone.

I would like to thank The other members of the Arizina CycleKart Club for setting up and getting the event ready Saturday morning. I really felt bad about showing up last minute. I just had to have the Ratrod there, I had to drive in the first Clarkdale Grand Prix. This way in 50 years when asked I can say I was there when it all started.

I will have a video of the event uploaded soon.

Thanks

Jon R.
Arizona Cyclekart Club

Join the Arizona CycleKart Club to keep up with all the action.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1740072272984827/

Check out my Cyclekart videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvkqtC-vHIKjoizyjuGnH6g

Denny Graham Gold Member Dennis Graham
Sandwich, IL, USA   USA
1950 Chevrolet 3600 "Old Blue"
1954 Chevrolet 3600
There ye go, thanks for fillin' in an other wise dull evening. Spent the whole day
in the shop getting dirty, cut, bruised, smashed and such. So it was nice to come
in and see someone actually having some fun with their projects.
dg

ArtfromMead Art Danby
Mead, CO, USA   USA
Steve and others

It was pure luck that I was actually in Arizona on the same Saturday as Clarkdale. I wish I had arrived earlier to see the racing. I got there just before 2 p.m. Carlos was hot lapping and the rain had started. Steve was kind enough to briefly speak with me as he was loading the cars and closing out the event. My wife and I had just finished a bicycle event in Tucson and made a 5 hour drive to Clarkdale. We are now on vacation in Sedona. As I said to Steve, I had held off starting a kart until I actually saw one in person. I guess I have no excuse now. Congrats on what appears to have been a very successful event in Clarkdale.

Art Danby - Mead Colorado

SteveV Avatar
SteveV Steve Vinson
Phoenix, AZ, USA   USA
Art,
It was great meeting you. Sorry the action got rained out.

Keep us posted on your build.

Steve Vinson
Arizona CycleKart Club

Design-Build-Race-Repeat

Dennis Thomas Avatar
phoenix, AZ, USA   USA
1919 CycleKart Lightweight "A.V. Monocar"
1925 CycleKart Speedway Racer "Old Number 27"
1930 CycleKart German "The Boulevard Cruiser"
1937 CycleKart American "37 Studebaker Modified"
We sure had a good time meeting the folks up in Clarkdale and driving our Cyclekarts around the Police Dept. parking lot. We made some new friends and witnessed many Cyclekart smiles. The staff was very accommodating and professional.

When everything was said and done they extended an invitation to return in the future!

Here is another video of the days activity.

Link to Cyclekart videos http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh0MOBj4QLAYsl4XsfXHfWA/videos?flow=grid&sort=da&view=0

Link to Old #27 build photos
http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/DThomas1925/library/Old%2027%20Build%20photos?sort=3&page=1

Link to Monocar build photos
http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/DThomas1925/library/1919%20AV%20Monocar%20Build%20Photos?sort=3&page=1

Link to BMW Roadster build photos
http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/DThomas1925/library/1930%20BMW%203-15%20PS%20Wartburg%20Roadster%20build%20photos?sort=3&page=1

Link to my Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/dennis.thomas.7564

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1921 CycleKart Vintage

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links