CKC

CycleKart Events Forum

Cycle Karts in Indiana

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

erosebro Eric Rosebrough
Indianapolis, IN, USA   USA
Good morning. I am new to the site but have just begun ordering the materials to design and build my first cycle kart. I like near the Indianapolis Motor Speedway so i have chose the 1923 Indy 500 winning car to be my first attempt at a cycle kart. I am still learning all of the ins and outs of this forum but I am having trouble tracking down other members or clubs in Indiana. Does anyone belong to or know of a group for cycle karts in Indiana?

Thanks,
Eric

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-07 09:31 AM by erosebro.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
carChips Avatar
carChips Victor Harnish
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1933 MG Magnette
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Chip"
1989 GMC Sierra 1500 "Bush Truck"
Welcome Eric, if you click on "My Account" top left of page and then click on "Member Map" you will get a map of most of the members in your area.

S'all for now!

erosebro Eric Rosebrough
When I scroll in to about where I live, there is a number 13 in yellow right near me. Does that mean there are 13 members in my area? Also, is there a way to reach out to those people? I saw this map before but could figure out exactly what it was depicting.

Thanks!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dBlast Avatar
dBlast Vince De Blasi
Maple, ON, Canada   CAN
Welcome,

You can zoom in by hitting the "+" sign and then you will see individual balloons. Click on a balloon and it will identify the user. It will also show the last time that person logged into the forum and the number of posts. There may be a number of users that signed up and never posted. They may be the curious visitor. You may find one that has many posts and current login...a more interested person. You can click on the user name, click "Actions" and then send a private message.

Vince.

erosebro Eric Rosebrough
Thanks for the help, I figured it worked somehow like that. When i zoom in and click, it doesn't do anything or display anything different. Is this a paid members option only?

Thanks!

dBlast Avatar
dBlast Vince De Blasi
Maple, ON, Canada   CAN
Keep zooming in until you see individual balloons. Click on the balloon and it should reveal the user's information. It works for me, I am a free member.

erosebro Eric Rosebrough
Thanks for clarifying but that never happens for me when I zoom in. Maybe there just isn't anyone near me unfortunately!

dBlast Avatar
dBlast Vince De Blasi
Maple, ON, Canada   CAN
This is what I see zoomed in on the Indianapolis area. When I click a balloon it reveals the member info:

Attachments:
CKmap.JPG    70.1 KB
CKmap.JPG

erosebro Eric Rosebrough
Thank for that screen shot. I tried a different computer and it worked for me! Looks like all the people around me haven’t logged in in quite a while. I just started my build last weekend.

Numbers Avatar
Numbers L W
Shepherdsville, KY, USA   USA
Might not be from Indiana but I'm pretty close in terms of distance. I travel to Indy and thru Indy quite frequently. Local sourcing of certain parts are difficult in most aspects for me with the exception of metal. In Louisville there is a Metal Supermarket (yes that's it's real name) that supplies any quantity and size of most metals. They'll even cut to order which doesn't make the price go up but barely noticeable.

Welcome to the board. I'm hoping to be up that way for my brother's ordination in the first part of April. I of course will try and get to see the Indy museum and the old Stutz building which I believe they turned into a cool restaurant.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

2015 CycleKart French

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links