CKC

CycleKart Events Forum

Re: Tieton 2018!

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Rhysn Rhys Nolan
Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK   GBR
This time no driver changes during "races", does that help explain?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Dave 46 Robert Davison
Toppenish, WA, USA   USA
Good to see that the date is set and the registration is open even though I won't have my kart any where close to ready this year I'll be there camera in hand though.

As far as total number of entries, as long as the rules of exactly what a regulation cycle kart are are followed I doubt that there are more karts wanting to come than there is space. I have no idea if that was an issue in the past though

Has anyone ever showed up with a "does not meet the criteria and specifications" kart"? Meaning the same specs that are listed here on the board. I'd think wheels and possibly engine might be the big kickers there.

We might see a few come from further away but it's always fun to see new to you karts and meet new people.

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Federal Way, WA, USA   USA
1950 CycleKart Italian "1950 Ferrari 166 F2"
You'll notice that the rules have been relaxed considerably this year.
Now, any CycleKart is welcome, within reason. Some from Arizona that would not have qualified in the past are entered this year but yes, wheel and engine size must be close. I know of some new entries, but I also know of some regulars who won't make it. Overall, I suspect the turnout will be similar. Maybe a few more.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
I would like to make the membership here aware that, as of present only 16 entries
are confirmed for Tieton next month. Several regulars are unable to make it.

The downside is, that number won't cut it to keep the event running.
The upside? If you figured they'd be full, and you wouldn't get in, figure again.
Even slimmed down, this is a Grand Event. Finish building your kart in the parking lot
if you have to, but get there!

bensko Avatar
bensko Ben Hanisko
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
I am one of the people who signed up, but I now have to accept the fact that my kart won't be ready. I am super bummed. Things have not gone as fast as I wanted and my time has been divided on other projects. I imagine a lot of people are in the same boat.

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
That's a tough pill Ben.
It's the one I had to swallow in 2016.
How about Slyme dawg in August?

Carlos Carneiro Avatar
PHOENIX, AZ, USA   USA
2015 CycleKart American "2015 VKC Italiano"
I'll do a quick upbeat post here to help liven things up.
I represent the other side of the spectrum, the ones who are ready and anxiously looking forward to Tieton GP 2018.
I've have never been to the Tieton Grand Prix, and have been wanting to race there for the last 2 years.
The kart I drive did not qualify to compete based on the previous rules, but I'm finally able now that the rules have been changed to a more open format.
Kart #23 is ready to go and I have not driven it in weeks already so not to break anything before the event. And there still a month to go!!
Regardless if there are 16 or 40 karts at the 2018 GP, I'm really pumped that I will be able to participate this year, and hopefully every year from now on.
I was hoping to come with more VKC drivers from AZ, but seemed like everyone had an excuse or other conflicting travel plans, so I'm coming alone.
I'm not looking forward to a lonely 24hrs of driving to get there and another 24hrs to return home, specially with a gallon of fuel at $3+, but I believe the time in between the road trips will make it all worth it!!!
thumbs up thumbs up smileys with beer

Attachments:
vkclakebig2.JPG    53.5 KB
vkclakebig2.JPG

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Carlos.

First of all, thank you for your determination to participate in this terrific event.
I recognize and appreciate the cost, both personally and financially to you guys who travel so far.
I want also to say that, even if we didn't get one more entry and I know we will, the 15 on that list are all gamers who will make it an event to remember. It is disappointing you are stuck coming up alone, but once at Tieton you will be absolutely charmed by the place.

The cars entered, so far:

Auto Union
Bentley
Burd spcl.
Chrysler
Desoto
Ferrari
Ford T
Hispano Suiza
Miller
Monocar
Peugeot
Riley
Vintage Kart

It is simply to me, where the serious CycleKart enthusiast must find himself in June.

Gaston Piegatoassale,
#40 Ferrari

Woodysrods Silver Member Brian Woods
Westbank B.C., Canada   CAN
I am with Ben on "the unfinished yet platform", but I had my miss last year and that feeling will "NOT" be repeated this year.smileys with beer
Even if I am finishing it in the warehouse as the cars are lining up.....................it will be there!
And Carlos, we are so looking forward to you coming to Tieton!thumbs up It will be fun to see how the homebuilt CKs stack up against the VKC Kart and such an experienced driver as yourself.smiling bouncing smiley
The picture you posted of your CK covered in Arizona mud was fabulous......and should be an inspiration to all!
There are other Karts coming from the Arizona Chapter beside you and Dennis, aren't there?
Last month count down is on!
And, although I have seen some cancellations from some of the regulars......it is going to be great to see the new Karts and meet some of you great "Forum Guys" in person. Hopefully some new lifelong friendships will be made.
Registration numbers are bound to increase!!!!
See you at the Walkabout Pub in Naches!
Good Roads
Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-18 01:26 AM by Woodysrods.

bensko Avatar
bensko Ben Hanisko
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
I still might come to Tieton, just without a kart. I should have it done by August, Dave. Ideally, I have it done before an event prior so I can do a shake-out before a real event.

CmdBentaxle Avatar
CmdBentaxle Dave D
Don't forget the July 22nd date at Slime Dog for a shake down. Ryan is leery of untested cars in the big August meet.

In reply to # 33314 by CmdBentaxle
The cars entered, so far:

Auto Union
Bentley
Burd spcl.
Chrysler
Desoto
Ferrari
Ford T
Hispano Suiza
Miller
Monocar
Peugeot
Riley
Vintage Kart

It is simply to me, where the serious CycleKart enthusiast must find himself in June.

Gaston Piegatoassale,
#40 Ferrari
There are definitely some of the regulars missing from that list??sad smiley
Hopefully they are just late in sending in their registration???????????confused smiley
Brian

Antioch Bob M
Langley, BC, Canada   CAN
1929 CycleKart French "LR2 Special"
The Rosengart will be there.... was registered with the Hispano Suiza. Might be others with two karts & one combined registration.

Possible chance I will have to find a second driver though. All depends on if we can get the karts back together.... typical Tieton Rush. Good luck to the other guys trying to get there collections of pieces assembled as well.

Also nice to see a VKC cart coming up... (Carlos I usually do that trip in reverse for Scottsdale...can sympathize.... but yes it is worth it..

Rosengart LR2 Special

Hi Bob
Glad to hear you and the Rosengart will be there.
You are one of the mainstays of this event for me.thumbs up
Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-19 10:23 AM by Woodysrods.

Antioch Bob M
Langley, BC, Canada   CAN
1929 CycleKart French "LR2 Special"
Thanks Brian.... now let’s see if we can get the rest of you guys there & running...

Rosengart LR2 Special

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Karts

1985 CycleKart Speedway Racer

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links